Puccini Kitchens

Tanday

We used puccini kitchens for our new kitchen fit last summer. While the standard and look of the kitchen is great, we have had numerous issues with the wood worktops that were provided. The first 2 worktops were stained with black rot marks. The third worktop that was finally fitted looked great for a few weeks. After this, it started to rot. The joins in the wood are of poor quality allowing water to seep in despite the worktops being regularly oiled.

Unfortunately, Puccini kitchens are unwilling to refund me for the worktop which I am going to have to replace. A shame as they could have avoided this negative publicity for the sake of ?100. Disappointing customer service.

I am surprised that Tanday was disappointed with our customer service as we have communicated regularly about the worktops.

Without going into any details about the worktops, I'd like to offer to donate ?100 to any charity of his choice.

Andrew Robertson

Managing Director

Puccini Kitchens

• 10 months later...

We recently used Puccini Kitchens and had great service - love our design, fitters were great and finished the job on time - no problem with them coming back to re adjust a couple of cupboard doors that have moved slightly due to weight etc all staff very efficient. I would recommend them based on my experience.

Found them easier to deal with than other local firms as they listened to what we wanted rather than using other clients designs and adjusting for our space

I never did get a refund from Andrew and Puccini kitchens for the horrendous worktop. I've had to pay for a replacement and the installation of it myself. It also meant that I had to buy a new sink so all in all it's cost me a fair bit.

I'm quite shocked by the negative feedback on Puccini Kitchens. We bought a kitchen from them in 2016 and had some snagging issues at the end (door arrived damage for one and due to our crooked floor, had to get new plinths), I've never had any trouble raising Andrew and his colleague Michael. They got everything sorted promptly with no quibble - if anything any delay was caused by me not answering them quickly enough. I also shopped around for ages for a kitchen - looking at everything from Ikea (we were thinking of buying the carcasses with fancier doors put on), Howdens (as pushed by our original builders), a German brand sold through KDCUK (who I can also recommend, but in the end was too expensive for us!), and the Dulwich branch of Intoto (ok, but didn't find a kitchen we loved). We found Puccini's Italian kitchens keenly priced and very good value for the quality you get - Howdens was more expensive (ok, we could have been one of those mugs Howdens thinks will pay thousands) but, all that said, found Puccini good quality, great design and great follow up service.