Secret garden on Lordship Lane

Linzi_77

So I just had lunch at Platform 1. A gooey, yummy, hearty-but-not-stodgy cheese toastie, a freshly squeezed carrot and ginger juice, some fresh mango and a jasmine green tea. But the best bit is, I had it all in their sun trap of a secret terrace garden filled with greenery. Okay, so the sun wasn't *quite* out, but it was lovely and warm, and we got occasional glimpses of sunbeams through the breaking cloud; add the reggae playing in the background and it felt *almost* like I was in a cafe on a Mediterranean plaza...

The menu was a limited but comprehensive selection of things like soup, open sandwiches, a salmon and vegetable dish, and sweets like pancakes with chocolate syrup. Priced individually (I know they mostly go in for prix fixe set menus in the evenings) and the owner tells me buggies are welcome, so it's a great place to grab a bite to eat and a coffee (or wine!) and meet up with mummy friends!

Make it your next stop while the temperatures are good! (and before April showers kick in.)

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think the garden was created when it was

> Chopsticks.

Yes I remember that.

Don't remember the garden being anything special though, maybe they have added some plants.