Cat flaps - the catflap man

catbee

Hi,

It was my misfortune to deal with Michael Watson aka the 'Catflapman' to fit a sureflap microchip door, he was less than helpful, condescending and rude to the point where he put the phone down on me.

Thank goodness he did me a favour as I wouldn't want him to touch my property with a barge pole.

Thought I'd warn any other potential clients from his abuse.

PS: not surprisingly his website does not allow for customer feedback...

I would urge anyone reading this thread to ignore it totally.

The poster made a, one can only assume, perfunctory search and then posted a, some may deem libellous, review on the Facebook page of a totally different company based in Devon (they do not do any work in London at all and have never done so).

Despite requests including personal forum messages here: http://www.chiswickw4.com/default.asp?section=community&link=http://appasp.ChiswickW4.com/server/app/forum/default.asp?site=1 to remove the offending review she has not done so.

The totally innocent party in Devon has now been advised from others on the Chiswick forum to seek legal advice and consider damages for the affect that it has on his business and reputation.

Hopefully this will drive home the message that you cannot simply 'paste and run'

It seems most unfair that what is really a libellous, certainly damaging, review cannot be removed from a facebook business page. I understand facebook have been sent numerous messages regarding this and yet the review remains at the top for all newcomers to see.

Furthermore, as stated above, she has failed on all counts to rectify this. Sadly, unlike her review, she seems to have disappeared.

I have to say that I only registered on your forum to put the record straight. No doubt this person has also posted her defamatory review elsewhere.

Anyway, thankfully no one will be misled by the 'review' (at least in East Dulwich).

The main thing I've got from this thread is that the EDF is a much more user-friendly website than chiswickw4.com!

A clear win for SE22.

Another thought - doesn't Admin have an email address for the original poster from when she registered?

Siduhe

Thanks, more humour than most of all the Chiswick threads put together.

I get fed up reading that Waitrose have run out of organic carrots for Arabella's ruddy pony and the conspiracy theories of their retained village idiot!

I have to opine that the ED forum is streets ahead and a great community resource.

• 2 weeks later...