Looking for carpet fitter

Hi there,

I'm looking for recommendations/ availability for a carpet fitter to lay underlay and fit carpet for the stairs in our hallway. I've got both underlay & carpet leftover from our bedroom, so just looking for someone to fit it. Grippers in place. No disposal of old carpet needed.

Any recommendations, ideas of availability and cost would be brilliant.

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Michael Campbell just carpeted my back stairs and did a fantastic job at a really reasonable price. Many fitters wouldn't have taken this on, as it was a small and tricky job. He is ED based and I would definitely recommend him 07874 982485

• 5 months later...
I'd also like to recommend Michael Campbell. He's just fitted a carpet in our house in Thornton Heath. He was excellent at communicating, came to quote after hours and was extremely helpful with his advice. He was unbelievably professional and organised! Would definitely use again!

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Neil. He just finished our carpets (landing and stairs - stair runners with whipped edging). We couldn't be happier. The carpets look amazing, perfectly fitted, and Neil was a pleasure to deal with. I did LOADS of research (I get a bit carried away!) and got quotes from johnlewis, lordship lane carpets as well as two other fitters and I'm so pleased I went with Neil. He brought loads of samples round - he could get any carpet we wanted and supplied it all (as well as underlay, brass doorbars etc) - all at a much better price than I could get elsewhere.

Neil - 07984 147403

• 4 months later...
Malcolm - I'm interested in getting my 2 flights of stairs carpeted with a runner including the landing - Neil sounds great. Before I ask him to come and quote are you able to let me know what a ball park cost might be? I don't want tog et him round and waste his time if it's out of my price range... You could DM me if you prefer... Would really appreciate the help. Thanks. Daisy.