Upsizing! Estate agent recommendations please

IKowal

Hi all. Need some help from property experts.

Me and the fam are now upsizing. Looking to stay in the area but wondering if there's any way we can save some costs when it comes to the estate agency. We obviously want good service but I'm a bit loathe to pay those fees. I've done it before and felt totally ripped off.

Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

Izzy.

Hello Izzy. If you are buying I can recommend settled.co.uk as an online agent. Sounds like they have everything you need as long as you're ready to hold the viewings yourself. My daughter is currently selling with them and I did 2 years ago. I struggled a bit with the process at first but they show you how and when I sell again I'll definitely use them. Hope this helps. Worth a look anyway.

No Flies get a lot of recommendations on here if you search for their name, their fees are lower than most (or maybe all?) of the other local agents. (Not used them but they are friends and I can vouch for the fact that they are very conscientious and lovely people).

We are up-sizing and have sold (STC) our flat through Gareth James, who sold it to the first viewer! They got ?5K off the asking price which was far higher than the one Roy brooks quoted us, and I was a fan of Roy Brooks as we had bought through them. I would recommend Gareth James, I have been very impressed with them.

I've heard good things about Gareth James too. We used KFH to both buy and sell and they were perfectly decent (if not spectacular). I understand from a regular high street agent you should be able to get around 1% + VAT as a cost.

I was looking to sell my property and like you, was so put off by the fees. I had a few agents around, then due to personal circumstance I put the sale on hold. Based on the feedback on the forum, I met with No Flies. I really liked them, they were super professional, realistic etc and when the time comes to sell again, I won't hesitate to use them.

I hope this helps

Like others above, I would really recommend Brendan and Tony at No Flies. I have just sold my two bed flat through them and they were such a pleasure to deal with. They're great value (far better than a high street agent), but also very professional, knowledgeable of the local area and supportive. From them putting it on the market to finding a buyer also took just seven days. You can't argue with that! I also have other friends who are using them too and are having an equally good experience. If you need it then their web address is http://no-flies.co.uk.

Hope that helps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I also want to add my recommendation for No Flies. I've had a hard eighteen months trying to sell my flat. The first sale fell through (due to no fault of the original agent) one year after accepting an offer. As the first agent was a bit hedgey about achieving as good a price as before I decided to change agents to a local high street agent who were absolutely terrible and so I decided to go with No Flies. Third time lucky - I remarketed in May and just completed this week. The process was reasonably painless given shenanigans with the property market during the UK election period. Tony and Brendan were really helpful, professional and communicative throughout. The communication was really appreciated as this was my main gripe with the second agent. They went out of their way to help the sale go through quickly. I have nothing but praise for the service they provided, and for a reasonable fee. It was an absolute pleasure and relief to receive such good service.