Problem with ED Kwik-Fit

Sue

I've never previously had any problems with the East Dulwich Kwik-Fit.

I went there on Friday morning and was waved in to a space with about two cars in front of me.

I went into the office and said I needed the nearside front tyre replaced, and was told to leave the keys and come back in an hour.

I turned to go, upon which it occurred to me that I hadn't been given a price.

So I said, aren't you going to tell me how much it's going to be, or tell me what my options are? (since my mechanic had said my car didn't need the most expensive option).

So then the guy said, if I wanted a price I would have to wait fifteen minutes. I said surely I shouldn't have to wait just to find out how much I'd be paying, and he said yes I would as there were "cars before me being worked on" and he was busy!!!!!!

Surely it doesn't take more than a minute to look up a price (and surely if you are working with tyres all day you shouldn't have to look it up anyway?)

I sat down for a bit. Then I walked down to Melbourne Tyres, where I was given a price range immediately without the car being there. Then I went back to Kwik-fit and told them I was taking the car elsewhere (to be met with total disinterest).

The Kwik-Fit guy said "madam" nearly every other word, in an aggressive sort of way. Perhaps somebody should tell him that customer service is about more than calling somebody madam.

This branch of Kwik-Fit have lost my custom for ever. I don't suppose they will care.

Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience. I don't know the person's name. I don't think they wear name tags?

I also wonder what my bill would have been if I'd just left the keys and gone back in an hour ......