Brick Brewery

reds

The Brick Brewery's been a great addition to the area but went in earlier and can't help but feel they're jumping on the beer bandwagon and taking the piss with their prices. How they can charge 30p more than the EDT for the same pint is beyond me when they're actually brewing the stuff. Half pints in there are also way more than half the price of a pint. This is a rip off tactic that an operation as good as theirs should be above.

Hi reds - Thanks for your kind words on the brewery's tap room addition to the area. To address your comments, there is a difference in how beer is dispensed. The EDT serves only cask - hand-pulled - beer where as we serve both hand-pulled and keg beer. Our hand-pulled beer is cheaper than what the EDT charge, at ?3.60 per pint, and has been that price for more than three years. We have not jumped on any bandwagon. The same beer on keg is priced at ?4.20 because it takes more effort and more expense to dispense. Halves are priced at more than half the price of a pint as there is still as much effort to serve the half as the pint - cooling, gas, serving, staff effort, cleaning and maintenance. We can't dictate what a pub / bar charges for our beer. Pubs work to an overall gross profit (GP) margin and as such will keep some beers at a lower GP while others are a higher GP but the overall net is a consistent GP. Licensed premises will often price certain beers lower to attract customers, knowing they will possible switch to higher GP products once there. I would be happy to meet with you and explain the economics of both Brick's taproom but also that of the greater licensed premises trade. I hope we will again see you at the taproom. Ian

A self-professed voyeur on the EDF, I can't standby and watch shade being thrown at an amazing local business. The food and drink in the Brick Brewery is amazing and extremely reasonably priced. The people and the venue are also great. Worth a visit for those who haven't already realised how great it is!

Viva Brick Brewery!!