Good Pub Food suitable for family

Loulou

The Ivy House in Nunhead has good pub food including burgers and a kids' menu (though yours may not want the kids' menu!) , is an award winning community owned pub and is very family friendly.

You can see the menu on their website, though I don't think the picture of food on there does it justice at all (bread and cheese :)) )

http://ivyhousenunhead.com/

It's a short walk through Peckham Rye park from East Dulwich.

The EDT has a New Chef and New Menu.

The food at the EDT is very good and a good selection and not unrealistically high prices.

The Onglet Steak with Fries.. Side Salad.. and Pepper Sauce is really good at ?15.00

You would pay that for a Burger in some local places..

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> The Great Exhibition charges ?15.00 for a Burger.

>

>

> Foxy

>

> ETA You cannot get much more Local than that..

You're right, I've just looked it up.

http://greatexhibition.pub/post/134721145382/monday-is-2-4-1-burgers-day-here-buy-any-one-of

Even with bacon, cheese, mayo, pickle and fries that's quite steep.

Their burgers used to be good, no idea what they are like now. The last meal I had at The Great Exhibition was sadly absolutely appalling (they did refund my money, but it should never have left the kitchen, and yes I did tell them! It was a roast, though, if memory serves).

Hasn't made me inclined to eat there again.

Since they opened their food (at least what I've eaten there) has varied from very good via mediocre to extremely poor ..... I guess it depends on the chef.