Lucas caf?- rude service and poor food

Whiskers

I?ve tried Lucas a couple of times and the service is rude. Today I went in just past 4.30pm and bought a soft drink, only to be told it would be take away only because they close at 5pm.

The caf? was still full of customers and they wouldn?t let me sit down for 10 mins- I?m pregnant and needed to sit down with my drink and I said I?d be very quick.

They were rude and smirked at me, and said they?d need to sweep the floor (with lots of customers in their still is that not unhygienic?).

The time before I got a cake that was dried up and my husband had a breakfast that he said wasn?t very good.

There are much better cafes in East Dulwich! Just posting as don?t want others to have same experience

They had some Mince Pies around Christmas time.

They were about 2" in diameter and about 1/2" - 3/4" thick and cost ?2.00 each or 3 for ?5.00

All the Major Supermarkets were doing their Finest Deep Filled Mince Pies @ around 6 for ?2.00.

and their Value mince pies @ 6 for 99p Similar in appearance to the Luca's ones.

I never thought much of the Cakes on display in the window.

The Icing had a the appearance of Wax and they were very expensive for a small slice. ?3.95 ish

Being a 2-3 min walk from my house, not likely to pop in for a Tea or Coffee.

• 2 months later...

Well despite my previous comments... I ventured in yesterday to buy one of their Sourdough Loaves.

Very nice bread and NOT burnt like the Brick House bread. ?4.00

Lucas do a Loyalty Card for bread. After 7 loaves. the next one is FREE.

Staff really friendly and pleasant.

DulwichFox