Recommendation Cut Above Tree Management

godsk

In our battle to win back control over our garden we recently had Hamish Lodge of Cut Above Tree Management come by to take down some trees and thin others to create more space and allow the sun into our rear garden. He is clearly a very knowledge tree surgeon and passionate about his job and he had a great eye for finding the right balance between cutting things back and keeping the overall balance of garden. This is the second time we have used his services and on both occasions we have been very pleased with the result and impressed by his professionalism. Mobile: 0797 105 5438 or www.cutabovetreemanagement.co.uk.

I second the recommendation for Hamish and 'A Cut Above': he and his team took down a tree in the back garden for me today. I was impressed by their level of professionalism and the end cosmetic result is astonishing (the use of the stump grinder means that you would not guess a tree had ever been there!)

I also highly recommend Hamish. He's done some lovely work for us, and is also totally professional, friendly, and easy to deal with. He's given us good advice about possible future work too...

V

• 2 weeks later...

I can add to this, Hamish was great; extremely friendly and knowledgeable, he came and did an assessment and sent us a quote and advice which was great. I was actually at work when the work was completed, other half was in, and I was impressed at the work completed but also how spotless he left our garden.

I would definitely use him again and would recommend to anyone.

I

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Hamish and his team.

It took them most of the day to take down and grind the stump of a large sycamore.

They were tidy, very communicative (they were doing a neighbors tree at the same time so were letting me know when they would be coming back etc) and very respectful of noise while coming through the house.

He and his team were also very careful not to barge in to the room I was in so as not to disturb me breastfeeding my daughter. I did not tell them I was but they just assumed - I was rather impressed at that attention to detail.

In general very friendly, professional and highly respectful of clients and their houses.

They also worked very very hard on what was the hottest day of the year.

Will definitely use them again.

• 1 year later...
Hamish Lodge and his team did a wonderful job on our unruly hornbeam - I was really impressed from the initial consultation through to clearing away. The weather was pretty rotten but they carried out the works cheerily and promptly. Recommend them without hesitation www.cutabovetreemanagement.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
I would add my recommendation to Hamish Lodge at www.cutabovetreemanagement.co.uk. He has pollarded the huge tree in my garden twice now (over a number of years) and on both occasions has done a fantastic job. He always responds to emails promptly, provides a clear quote and turns up on time. I gave him access to the garden and then went to work and by the time I got back the tree was neatly finished and there was no sign of any branches or mess - all cleared up without a trace! Very happy with his work and would not hesitate to recommend him and his team.

• 3 weeks later...

Cut Above trees pruned my apple tree recently. It was looking rather unruly as had not been done properly last year, and Hamish and the team have left it looking tidy and well-shaped.

They cleaned up thoroughly as well.

I would certainly recommend this company for their professionalism and customer service.

• 2 months later...

Hamish and his team recently completed some work on oak and magnolia trees in our back garden. I would highly recommend them - the work was very professional, the trees appear much better shaped now and they barely left a trace of their work. We're very happy and would certainly use them again!

A

• 1 month later...
After contacting various people, I found Hamish from A Cut Above and was extremely happy with his work. Unlike the others, he came round to see the tree and discuss the options with me. He then did an excellent job with his small team, including cutting and stacking logs for me to use and clearing everything up. Quick, efficient, friendly and good value. His number is 07971055438

• 3 years later...
Local tree surgeons A Cut Above Tree Management just did a great job cutting back my cherry tree. They were polite, efficient, tidied up after themselves, left me some firewood at my request and even managed to not damage the fairy lights around the tree. The tree still looks good but I have much more light and sun in the garden. My neighbours are pleased too. Having got a number of quotes, I know the price is competitive too.

• 3 months later...

Recommending Cut Above Tree Management for the great tree surgery they have carried out for me and a neighbour recently. Hamish and team are extremely professional, courteous, punctual, neat, tidy and their communication was fantastic. Discussed different options with Hamish including pros and cons of each, as a result we were able to make well informed decision and everyone is very happy with the result. Would definitely use again!

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend Cut Above tree surgeons (http://cutabovetreemanagement.co.uk/) if you love your tree(s), your garden, your house and peace with your neighbours. They take great care of everything. They've been looking after our lovely eucalyptus which shelters a much-loved pawlonia for many years and every time (they come every 5 years or so) do a beautiful job. Once used someone else (also local) and it was a disaster of butchery and I had to call Hamish at Cut Above to the rescue. It still took about two years for the tree to recover a nice shape.

Hamish listens to your thoughts and wishes (and even a few strange ideas about giving a heart shape to a contorted hazel). Everything is left very tidy (much tidier than it was on arrival, to be honest.) And a trim was given to a couple of smaller trees as well. THANK YOU

• 5 months later...

Have just used Cut Above Tree Maintenance Ltd this week to have a tree removed and roots ground away.

What a great job! Arrived on the dot of 9pm and got their lorry in place after supplying cones and a sign at the weekend.

Worked virtually non-stop and efficiently to finish in the afternoon when they cleaned up the garden and hallway and put things back in place in the garden. Very polite, considerate people too.

I did ensure hallway was lined with cardboard, though, to save damage and make the job easier for them.

• 1 month later...

Hamish and his team from A Cut Above, removed an old elderflower tree from my garden. The did an absolutely excellent job, very quickly and thoroughly, removing the roots efficiently. I really appreciated the care they took to avoid accidentally cutting the encroaching cherry tree and orange blossom from the next door garden. Also there was not a trace of waste or debris left behind. A great job in every way. Highly recommended. 

• 4 weeks later...