Oddbins lordship lane

Moflo

I recently purchased Lanson Rose Champagne for my daughter's 40th. At the venue of her party they poured the champ. When I received my glass I immediately found it was bitter. On inspecting the cork you could see the bottle had been corked. A friend if mine said to make a complaint to the wine seller. I wish I had poured the wine back in the bottle but didn't think ontime and it was thrown. I have since called the shop concerned and they dismissed me! You can see and smell the cork to see the problem. I'm not happy with their attitude. Wouldn't mind if it was a cheap wine.

A long time ago I used to work at Oddbins (not East Dulwich branch)at the time we always did refunds if the bottle was brought back in with some wine in it, we never tasted the wine but took a good sniff to see if it was corked. Afraid coming back with just a cork and no bottle or contents I probably know where they are coming from as generally you can't really tell if a wine is corked by smelling the cork, plus head office only accepted valid refunds back to branch if you had the bottle

I don't know what state the cork was in but unless the cork was really looking bad (didn't expand after popping) or smelt rotten then maybe you could be a bit more hopeful, on balance though I think they are being reasonable and I don't know many wine shops that would accept a refund with just a cork