Handbag repairs

CHLOE781

Hi - I have a leather hand bag made of quite thick leather, and is very structured. The zip is broken. Does anyone know of someone locally who could replace the zip for me? I have tried dry cleaners, shoe repairers including the one near East Dulwich train station (who made it worse), but to no avail! Thank you for any suggestions.

I'm so grateful for all the suggestions, thank you. I tried the manufacturer (Radley) a while ago and they said they'd have to send it to China to be repaired which seemed rather overkill to me. I'll def try the person next to LL post office and then maybe the website suggestion will be the next best bet. Thank you again all and I guess a sign of our times where we can't fix things so easily.

I would definitely go via the manufacturer they will do the best job, and if it?s not repairable you?ll probably get a new one. I work in the fashion industry on the bag side and there are specific machines that do this kind of job, there are a few people left in the uk, which I could help you with but it won?t be cheap.

It might take a bit of time but at least you?ll get it done.

There is a place in Peckham which makes handbags.

I don't know the name but it is on the main road near Nigel Road and on that side.

It doesn't look like a shop, it is "closed" but it has a sign up saying something like "by appointment only"with a phone number I think.

I will see if I can find more details.

Sorry have tried googling but with no success, I guess you would have to go down there.

It should be quite easy to find.

It has been mentioned on this forum in the past, but I can't find that either. It might have been before the forum was revamped and old threads were deleted, plus I don't know what to search on apart from handbags!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...