Disappointing service from Peter Bennison

savage

Having done my research on heating engineers locally, I was confident that Peter Bennison would be reliable. But I have waited in for 3 hours today for him to show up for an appointment. He hasn?t answered the phone or attempted to call or message to let me know he was running late. When I did manage to get through to him I was told he would be with me in half an hour.

Still with a no show, I then received a message to tell me that he has been unable to park within 4 streets (despite there being garage next door) & so he will not be coming today after all. No apology was offered.

Shame on you Mr Bennison that is no way to treat customers & I will now be looking for someone else.

SAVAGE - Please re-post this in the correct section (this section is for items for sale only). Secondly - and personally - to my mind, messaging the whole of Dulwich and its surrounding district (and thereby wasting hundred's of people's time reading of this) just because of an appoinment that you say hasn't run according to your plan is a quite mightily disproportionate and absurd response to what you say has happened. (I say 'what has happened' because, as you must be aware third parties need to hear both sides to an argument). As to attempting to publicly shame a tradesman on the basis of a single missed appointment, potentially affecting their reputation and even losing them trade - well, to comment on that would be to dignify the undignifyable. I could go on, but I won't - DIX

We have used Peter Bennison and his firm and sure, a few times he wasn't bang on time, but a lot of times he was and sorted things out quickly, professionally and reasonably. There have been a few times I had to wonder why someone had been recommended on here in the first place, but Pete is a good tradesman and it's just a shame he didn't get to you that day.

Jessica