Interior Designer

NiamhB

Hi

I am a local Interior Designer living in Dulwich. I would love to help you with any design needs you have, big or small!

www.niamhbrownedesign.com /// [email protected] /// Niamh at 07584321185

*Are you overwhelmed at the thought of a renovation project and of liasing with an architect and builder?

*Do you have fab design ideas and a brimming Pinterest board but are unsure how to create the look in your own home?

*Has everything gone belly-up on site and you need some direction and advice?

*Are finances tight but you'd love to freshen up your home with a few new bits and bobs?

Happy to visit to discuss your needs. Client references available.

• 3 months later...

We were looking for some help with smartening up our home for the rental market but didn?t really know where to start. We?d had a quote from an interior design company which to our untrained eye seemed quite expensive so we asked Niamh to give us a second opinion. We?re so glad that we did. Niamh was very friendly and knowledgeable and was able to make suggestions that would save us significant sums on the other companies quote. These were all things that seemed to do little to increase the rental yield but would have added significant cost to us.

Niamh project managed the interior design which was ideal for us as we had moved out of the area. She arranged the movers, all the tradesman etc and everything went really smoothly. She kept in regular contact and we felt she went above and beyond, even returning to the flat when a delivery came later than planned.

The place now looks amazing and everything Niamh picked out suited our taste and budget. It looks so good we almost wish we?d done it when we were actually living there!

Can?t recommend Niamh highly enough.

• 4 months later...

We also HIGHLY recommend Niamh Browne Design.

Earlier this year we were about to submit planning permission for a quite a large project involving the extension of a main house (1850), a contemporary conversion of an old stable/kennel block, a grade II listed building and other outbuildings. Before submitting our application we asked Niamh to cast her eye over the plans which proved very worthwhile as Niamh spotted some structural design items that needed to be changed. This was key to getting our design right from the word go and saved us the hassle and cost of having to re-submit or indeed go back for amendments.

Once we received planning, the next stage was the design stage which required feedback from us to our architects team on both the internal and structural design. Not only was it important for us to get the right design but the "feel" of each building and how they all work together as a scheme was equally important. Additionally we wanted to ensure we had the correct bill of quantities for builder tendering.

Our project is still ongoing and we will soon be breaking ground. We will continue to work with Niamh throughout the key stages of the build.

Overall Niamh's design ideas are fantastic - Niamh found the right balance between contemporary and traditional design for us as clients but also the buildings themselves. Niamh is a great listener and immediately understood the complexities of the project and what we were looking to achieve. Niamh is highly professional, practical & flexible to others opinions. We would recommend Niamh Browne Design to anyone.

• 3 months later...
I can also highly recommend Niamh Browne. Niamh has been hugely helpful in my finally moving on with getting our rather neglected house into shape. I wasn?t sure I needed an interior designer as I had no shortage of ideas, but pulling them all together and coming up with a finalised plan was rather lacking. Niamh is highly professional and was great at seeing the potential in the furniture, etc. that we already had. She also came up with storage ideas that seem obvious now but which I couldn?t see before. Niamh also helped with paint colours as she has an extensive range of sample pots, and helped me make bolder and very successful decisions rather than going for what I thought were safer bets. With Niamh?s extensive experience she also knows all the small details to consider and which make a difference. Niamh was happy to work with me on a time charge basis, for a few hours at a time, which has suited me really well as I have enjoyed researching fabrics, furniture, etc myself but then having Niamh?s input to finalise each room. She is of course able to provide a more comprehensive service as others have set out. Whilst our house is still work in progress, the end is now in sight, thanks to Niamh.

Niamh Browne is phenomenal. When I moved to East Dulwich last year I contacted a number of interior designers who either only wanted to work with me on a whole house or didn't respond. Niamh was not only wonderful to speak to, she adapted her approach to both my creative, budget and design needs - our one bathroom full revamp had a number of options on how we could work together. What was most amazing working with Niamh was that she was able to allow me to be creative, but guided on style/trends and also more specifics that would/wouldn't work but in a very thoughtful and understanding way. I knew that I would never have an end design that didn't 'work' but that I would also feel fully involved and listened to - it was my style, which was beautifully guided and coached by Niamh - asking just the right questions, providing insight, information and her expertise where ideas wouldn't necessarily work and also where we could expand and think of the entire interior of the house to inform decisions. Every time I walk passed our bathroom, I smile - its just perfect.

I honestly can't write enough on how great Niamh is and I'm looking forward to working with her on more of the rooms in my house including our new kitchen.

• 9 months later...
I can?t recommend Niamh highly enough. She helped me to design my two new bathrooms. She was a pleasure to work with from the outset - providing me with lots of design inspiration before honing the design to our particular requirements. She showed unending patience throughout and researched all the elements with an incredible eye for detail. I understand now just how technical a bathroom design needs to be and can?t imagine how I would have managed this without her help.