Recommendation for Dave at Down the Drain

sharmf

Hi there

Had a leak in an outside pipe following the cold spell. Got a recommendation for Dave off the Forum. He arrived within 24 hours, did a professional job and for a reasonable price, would definitely recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

The lovely Dave stopped by to look at our drains today, turns out it wasn't the drains being blocked but he checked them, found the problem to be a building one and then didn't charge for the call out either which was super nice.

If we DO have a blocked drain we'll give him a shout again.

annafb Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi,

>

> Dave sorted our blocked outside drain - he's

> quick, professional and reasonable. Thoroughly

> recommend.

I just want to say that Dave from down the drain is a really reliable and honest bloke. He was quick to respond to my call saying he would fit me in asap. He came out to me today and told me that he could do the job but that actually it was Thames Waters responsibility and they should do it for free. He stayed while I made the call to Thames Water to ensure it got rated as an emergency and told me what I should look out for. He even called me after to check it was all ok. A real rarity to get such a nice person. Can?t recommend him highly enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Dave from 'Down the Drain' - what a fantastic guy. Called to ask if he could come earlier to our appointment then inspected and advised on a course of action. Same as a previous post, we have a shared drain and the blockage was severe (a raw sewage flood!) so Dave stayed and spoke to Thames Water to explain the problem and to ensure that they would come out to fix it as an emergency. I certainly wasn't aware before this that shared drains were TW's responsibility and that work can be carried out by them for free. Lots of drain companies probably do take advantage of the fact that people don't know this...

Dave's honesty and calm and straightforward approach in a stressful situation was greatly appreciated and i fully recommend him. He's in my very own 'trusted trader' address book now!

David Alldis

www.down-the-drain.co.uk

020 8314 5244

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Dave - he came the next day after I contacted him to take a look at our problem, and quickly diagnosed that it probably wasn't a drain problem. Since in his opinion it wasn't a drain problem, his recommendation was to go for pest control rather than drain work, and didn't even charge a call out fee. Highly recommended for service and honesty.

James.

Another recommendation for Dave. He arrived promptly and fitted me in as the drain needed possible clearing.The camera showed minor blockage so he inspected & jetted all pipework leading to it.

He also repaired brickwork and fitted concrete upstand around drain. He fitted one new pipe and drain cover too.

Dave and Andy were quick and efficient and drain was left clean and tidy and in good working order.

I will definitely use Down the Drain again !

Sue

Another recommendation for Dave and his excellent team.

We've been having a persistent problem with drainage smells that had mystified other plumbers, Dave came in quickly diagnosed the problem and fixed it with excellent workmanship and a very friendly manner. He went the extra mile to point out to the managing company of the flats we live what they needed to do to improve drainage in the communal system.

I will definitely use Dave in the future and can't recommend him enough.

• 2 months later...
We recently had Dave around to look at a blocked external drain, it turned out that our ancient gully drain was cracked - explaining a damp problem we had been chasing for some time. Dave fixed everything, so hopefully our house is now ready to cope with autumn weather. Dave is a really nice guy and gets thing done quickly and efficiently - happy to recommend.

I also would like to recommend Dave from 'Down the Drain' - He came out within an hour (on a Saturday without any call out charge) inspected our blocked drained and advised that as we have a shared drain, that the blockage was Thames Water's responsibility. I wasn't aware before this that shared drains were TW's responsibility and that work can be carried out by them for free. Highly recommended for promptness and honesty (and friendliness!)

Dave came round to unblock our kitchen gulley last week, was on time, efficient and friendly, job done with no fuss. Deodorised the area afterwards, great service. Price is very good too. Highly recommend Dave from ?Down The Drain?.

• 2 weeks later...
Dave came very promptly to replace our old basin taps which he did tidily. Also, he cleared our slow draining pipe very fast. This is his second visit to our flat and we can throughly recommend him. Helpful and professional.

• 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Dave who we rang on a Friday evening about our blocked drain in our side return. He came the next morning, fixed it promptly, gave us advice about how to avoid it happening again and left no mess. Reasonably priced too.

• 3 weeks later...
Dave was able to give you that reassurance which meant you know you have found that gem of a craftsman that today is not that common. He came round with his stick and what seems like magic my drain problems were resolved. I highly recommend Dave and even though it was a short visit I felt completely safe with him. Cheap at the price......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Totally agree with everyone else and highly recommend Dave. He came round, spot on time, fixed the problem in three drains - kitchen sink, downstairs toilet and upstairs shower all within 30 minutes and at the half hour rate. Nice guy, great work, excellent value and highly recommended!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just to add another recommendation for Dave. We have had some issues with our drains and having been stung by using another well known company, I decided to try Dave after recommendations on here. He came round promptly and was polite and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Just wanted to add a recommendation for Dave from Down the Drain. He came round at really short notice and checked our drains, identifying that the problem was the responsibility of Thames water so didn?t charge us a penny but gave us some great advice on what needed doing.