F RUDD & SON Fruiterer & Greengrocer Nunhead

Unable to find anywhere else on www to actually 'review' F RUDD & SON Fruiterer & Greengrocer Nunhead.

BONKERS!

F RUDD & SON Fruiterer & Greengrocer

121 Evelina Road Nunhead SE15 3HB

LOOK OUT FOR THE ?1 MIXED FRUIT & VEG BOX!

I love this greengrocer, with all locally sourced from Borough Market of exceptional quality, supermarket fruit and veg is so pale by comparison.

Everything is perfectly arranged and served by the lovely staff, there sure is nothing to beat the personal touch.

Do look out for the ?1 boxes! When available ( they go quick! ) more often you get an Aladdin?s Cave of fruit and veg, more often there is so much that I can use the selection to make up to three full meals. The varied selection encourages me to be quite adventurous more often I will prepare potatoes, carrots, parsnip, tomatoes, onions, apple and banana ( the selection will always vary ) put some oil in a large glass dish, put the spuds in for an oven roast of around 15 mins, then add all the veg, bake for ten then throw in the fruit for the final 5 mins ? a few spoons of brown sugar and a good splash of Worcester Sauce and ?Bob?s Your Uncle? ( Long gone bless him ) Absolutely Delicious for 33 just pence and way over your ?five a day?

I love their fresh fruit and veg, always taste good especially their fruit which are always nice and sweet and you can have a knowledgeable chat about the stock.

I've had the ?1 box a few times when available and made a variety of meals from them.

Highly recommended.

Nunheadbelle

• 2 years later...