Richard and Joshua Bewshear aka Gardenerds - warning - they are thieves not so called gardeners

Sharren

Joshua came to my door - cold calling - all charming and promising a great job. I was looking for someone to sort a few things out in my garden - so it seemed ideal. Please be warned. Do not trust these people. The work was totally substandard. I feel so very foolish because I really trusted them - I gave them delicious home baked food and paid them in full for a job that they promised to finish a few days? later. We?ve not seen them since and I found Richard?s number on the forum and eventually contacted him - he apologised and said that he would be round that day to finish the work - that they had already been paid for. Never turned up and guess that he blocked my calls because I can?t get through to him now. Total scum. They are awful people. Total scammers. I believe any positive feedback was posted by themselves.

Sharren Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Joshua came to my door - cold calling - all

> charming and promising a great job. I was looking

> for someone to sort a few things out in my garden

> - so it seemed ideal. Please be warned. Do not

> trust these people. The work was totally

> substandard. I feel so very foolish because I

> really trusted them - I gave them delicious home

> baked food and paid them in full for a job that

> they promised to finish a few days? later. We?ve

> not seen them since and I found Richard?s number

> on the forum and eventually contacted him - he

> apologised and said that he would be round that

> day to finish the work - that they had already

> been paid for. Never turned up and guess that he

> blocked my calls because I can?t get through to

> him now. Total scum. They are awful people. Total

> scammers. I believe any positive feedback was

> posted by themselves.

On your last point, there are two recommendations at http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1943970,1943970#msg-1943970. Although one is a first post from a newly registered poster, and so could be open to doubt, Jan R's postings go back to 2015 and speak for themselves. http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/profile.php?30,110798

Peristalsis - Jan R has one post in 2015, and although this forum tends to be self policing, with you especially vigilant at the helm, I hardly think these recommendations speak for themselves - they could be neighbours.

The one and only post from the other recommendation doesn't count, as any of them should.

Sharren - they did not rob you - you paid them before the work was done, classic mistake, possibly a misunderstanding,

do you have their address, declaration of which is a condition on this site.

Recommendations on here are no guarantee of honourable intent or behaviour as we have found to our financial cost - and also with certain tradesmen lauded on here, with many one off 'recommendations' you have to be careful and many times read between the lines.

If they have any sense, on reading this they will be round and finish the work agreed, and make a good job of it.