I?ve conpletely had enough of dulwich medical centre! Please recommend a better gp surgery!

I can never get an appointment when I need one and today was sent to the lister centre for an appointment for my daughter! I?ve had enough. Can anyone recommend a local surgery where you can get an appointment without waiting weeks or being sent to the lister centre?

krissy perhaps you could/should take this up with the practice, they must have a complaints procedure, although you do not say how old your daughter is - you may find that there is not much to choose between gp practices.

I was 'sent' to the Lister Centre to have stitches removed : did not have to wait long and the nurse was very gentle, apologetic and kind.

You do not say why you feel your daughter should take priority over other patients or if you were/are concerned enough

to seek out a more responsive surgery. Good luck if this is the case. Perhaps you could consider moving onto a private patients scheme, perhaps you would then jump the queue, if you are paying, they will see you first!

Ahead of anyone else who has been patiently waiting.

Well krissy, as a follow up to this post, please let us know how you get on, one way or the other.

I moved from DMC to Elm Lodge Surgery in Burbage Road.

http://www.elmlodgesurgery.co.uk/

It is less convenient for me (DMC is round the corner from my house and Burbage Road is a 37 bus ride) but I actually decided to move after going there for a dermatology clinic appointment and being impressed with the thoroughness of the doctor who was also a GP there, but also seeing how a mother who brought in a sick child without an appointment was treated (well).

However obviously this must depend on individual circumstances, and I don't think that at any GP you should expect to be able to jump the queue unless it is an obvious emergency, in which case A&E might be more suitable.

I had an urgent need to see a GP a few months back and was also sent to the Lister. What else can a surgery do if they are fully booked?

Blame the state of the NHS, not the individual surgery!

You may not be in the catchment for another surgery.

We have been trying to move from an incompetent surgery to the one most our neighbors are with for 6 years.

The boundaries have shrunk and it?s not that simple to just change