Local holistic treatments/therapists to support Breast Cancer

Sameera

My family member is having a mastectomy in a few weeks and I am looking for south London based alternative therapists who genuinely have knowledge of working with cancer patients and offer services (in salon or in home) - reflexology, massage, acupuncture etc. Thanks!

Contact Goose green clinic-they may be able to recommend someone.

Also I don't know where she lives but please look into Breast cancer haven.

https://www.breastcancerhaven.org.uk/

They do free holistic treatments for breast cancer patients and also may be able to recommend someone.

Breast cancer Haven is truly fantastic and has a wonderful supportive environment.They also offer advice on diet and counselling services.

She should have an allocated breast nurse attached to her surgery and oncology team, again she would be someone who can offer support and advice.

• 4 months later...
I would also recommend the Breast Cancer Haven - it is a wonderful place, and I had a number of acupuncture sessions, as well as dietary advice and counselling. Also, the Dimbleby Cancer Care Centre provide free complimentary treatments and counselling (http://www.dimblebycancercare.org/) and run Look Good Feel Better courses - and they are a lot nearer than the Haven if your relative lives locally. The best source of support I found was through Breast Cancer Care, who provide advice from nurses, workshops for women facing hair loss, and one to one support throught the Someone Like Me service. Once the main treatment is over, Breast Cancer Care run Moving Forward courses, which cover all the things that aren;t really appropriate to discuss with your medical team, but are so important to women once treatment has finished. Finally, I found the support group run by Macmillan at Kings very helpful.

Exactly what Growlybear said, that?s top advice right there.

In addition, there are also amazing charities like Something To Look Forward To and Ellie?s Friends (amongst others) who give vouchers to people going through treatment, some are therapy based, some are just lovely treats at a time when you need them.