Electrician recommendation - Gary Vu

Babbelina

I would like to add to this recommendation. Gary Vu is your man if you need an electrician. He has done a few jobs for me over the last couple of years, most recently last week to fix a remote switch for my complicated ventilation system. Prompt replies, reliable, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, reasonably priced, leaves no mess. 07872 178044

• 3 weeks later...

I have just used Gary vu for a couple of small jobs and was very impressed .He responded very quickly to my request and came the next day.His work is 1st class,he certainly knows his job.A really nice chap,very helpful.

Highly recommend. Tel 07872 178044

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Got Gary?s details off this forum (07872 178044), recommended by many, just wanted to add our recommendation too.

Issue with one light fitting tripped the whole set and needed replacing. He asked for a few pictures of issues over Whatsapp and then visited that evening 7-8pm. Identified the faults, fixed them and explained as he went along.

Very fair price and didn?t appear to be extra for out of hours. Also happy to answer any questions I had about other work in the house.

Highly recommended. Will be our go-to electrician. I imagine he is very busy though!

Adding another recommendation for Gary. When I contacted him, he was away, but he asked for photos of the switches causing the issue described and said what he thought the problem was likely to be, providing a quote.

Showed up at the time stated the following week and *very* efficiently sorted the issues. Tried to save me a bit of money by checking whether one issue with a dimmer switch was down to the lightbulb I was using.

Very professional, friendly and good rates. Also, Son of the Year award, came by with his lovely mum, who needs a little looking after, so she relaxed on the sofa while Gary went about his work.

I will definitely be asking Gary to come around again for any other work we need done.

Another recommendation for Gary. Rapidly diagnosed and fixed a tripped switch on the fuse board that wouldn't return to the "on" position. Also replaced an outdoor socket and a light switch and showed us how to use our underfloor heating!

Lovely guy, friendly service, great price. Totally deserves all the recommendations on here

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to add to my prior review above.

Since Gary fixed the issues in our flat that I mentioned, we've had him working on a much bigger project doing a lot of work to a house we are renovating. This has involved putting in a lot of new sockets, switches, ethernet cabling everywhere, new wiring for a new kitchen, etc. It's been a huge job and as ever, there are plenty of issues you run into with a big project, not least as we've been project managing ourselves with independent tradespeople.

Gary has been reliable throughout, always willing to work cooperatively (and proactively) with other trades, and even when things have gone wrong (through my doing / lack of experience) Gary has taken a positive, 'don't worry, we'll fix it approach'. I greatly appreciate his flexibility in managing issues as they arise and being willing to fit bits of work in when it would otherwise hold someone else up.

More recently, I find it very highly commendable that Gary actively takes measures to keep himself, his family and those around him safe. He wears a face mask, uses disposable gloves and respects social distancing.

We have used Gary in the pass and we going to contact him again to replace a bathroom extractor fan which is linked to the light- but lock down came about. More worried about him getting supplies - so will wait a while before contacting him again. We open the bathroom window instead for a while.

• 6 months later...
This is just a glowing recommendation for Gary Vu - electrician. He has carried out several jobs for us now over the past few months, ranging from very small to more intricate electrical jobs. Highly recommend him, reasonably priced and a lovely bloke to boot. His number is 07872178044

• 3 weeks later...

I have just used Gary Vu when we lost power in our house (everything kept tripping out and we spent the night without power). He got us back up and running with minimal effort and came back a few days later to upgrade the fuse box. He is a lovely guy and good value. Great communication also. Really glad to have him in my 'black book' of tradesmen.

Jude

• 2 weeks later...
Following recommendations on this site I had Gary Vu do a job for me last week. His quote was competitive and he arrived on time and was friendly and efficient. Due to price, I expected the job to be quite difficult and time consuming, running in to more than 1 day. However, considering the amount of time the job actually took - around 4 and a half hours, I was stunned to find I was expected to pay the full amount of ?630. I feel robbed.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have to say I don't recommend Gary Vu. He was recommended to us by a neighbour. He came to solve a number of issues, very few of which have been fully resolved and am now on the hunt for another electrician to do the jobs properly. Disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Recommending Gary - he has done numerous jobs for us over the years - from changing a light switch to dimmer to taking out lights no longer used and moving lights and sockets.

Today he fitted a Ring doorbell for us, quick and professional job as alwyas.

His number is 07872178044