Forum Sponsors

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos
xxxx
http://avalonkitchens.co.uk/

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageTandoori Nights update for our dear customers !
Posted by Tandoori nights dulw 05 December, 2018 15:23

Hi East Dulwich forum, on behalf of my father Munir Hassan and the team at Tandoori nights a heartfelt thank you for the outporing of support,concern and love from all you wonderful loyal east dulwichers!

It has been a really difficult few months for my dad. After 25 years of uniterrupted trading on the Lane thia awful incident has seen the business closed for the last 3 months whilst we waited for the insurance company to agree the works. I am pleased and relieved in equal amounts to let you all know that the remidial works have begun and we hope to be back bigger and brighter than ever sometime towards the end of January.

I will update via this site regarding the progress of the works, and we can let you know what the plans are for the re-opening date. The builders are cracking on at a great pace and we really cant wait to get dad back to what he enjoys the most, serving you good people the food he loves ! If you see him on the deck please do stop and say hi, it means the world to him , and us . You guys are awesome !

Much Love

Tariq ( and Munir)

messageRe: Tandoori Nights update for our dear customers !
Posted by fishbiscuits 05 December, 2018 15:42

Good news, glad to hear you're getting back on your feet. Best of luck.

Posted by Susan 05 December, 2018 16:01

Yeah!!!

Posted by val 05 December, 2018 16:23

Great news looking forward to the reopening

Posted by bob 05 December, 2018 16:52

Fantastic news Tariq look forward to the new look Tandoori Nights.
Bob & Val Bob S

Posted by sue k 05 December, 2018 22:48

dear Tariq and Munir

We are SO happy to hear this news, and have been missing you and your fantastic curries.
Will look forward to stepping back inside our favourite restaurant on the Lane

Sue & Gareth

Posted by Tima 06 December, 2018 07:01

Fabulous news!

Posted by tiddles 06 December, 2018 08:36

Brilliant - so glad the insurers did the right thing

Best of luck!

Posted by derwentgrove 06 December, 2018 11:32

This is excellent news - we have been missing T'Nights a great deal! I hope the works go smoothly and we look forward to the re-opening in the new year. Best wishes to Tariq and Munir.

Posted by philosophie 06 December, 2018 19:07

Thank you so much for the update. We love Tandoori Nights - it's our favourite restaurant in East Dulwich and we can't wait to see your dad return to the Lane. Such great food and such a friendly face! Roll on next year.

Posted by SueOrr0103 06 December, 2018 22:09

Thatís great news Tariq. We have missed the paalak ghost and dhal dearly and of course conversations with your lovely dad. Canít wait to get back. Best of luck with the works and c u all soon.

Posted by EastDulwicher 07 December, 2018 18:06

This is wonderful news - so pleased. We love the restaurant and have had many enjoyable key conversations with your Dad. Best of luck with the work

Posted by cinders 08 December, 2018 08:23

Great news!

Posted by hrmlp 08 December, 2018 19:13

Hooray! You have been missed! I saw Munir on the deck this week and wanted to say hello - I will next time smiling smiley

Posted by ajmcirv 10 December, 2018 15:23

Hooray Tariq

We had heard indirectly from the cheese Block that you were coming back. All the best to you and your dad from the curry starved McIrvines!

Posted by Storyvilletattoo 12 December, 2018 12:07

Tariq this is such great news! We can't wait to see your Dad back where he belongs and we've missed guys so much. There will be a queue out the door when you reopen! Very best wishes, Clare and Nick x

Posted by Gfield January 05, 07:18PM

Reading this update has made us very happy indeed. Thank you Tariq and much love to your father and all the staff members

Please let us know once the grand opening date is confirmed so that we can former an orderly queue of support!

Posted by JimBoyOnTheLane_1990 January 10, 01:48PM

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. The Tandoori Nights is without questions the best curry house on the lane and has been sorely missed.

I can't wait to tuck into my Gosht Kata Handi come February.

Posted by TheCurryKingBrown January 10, 01:57PM

The Tandoori Nights returns and so with it comes the restoration of my faith for high quality curry on the lane once more. Your father has created quite the curryhouse I must say, my friends and I look forward to seeing him and his STAFF at the TN.

This update has made me very happy, very happy indeed.

Thanks you Tariq.

TCKB

Get Fit with GokaySponsored link
Posted by cella January 10, 04:24PM

A friend and I went for our regular Surma curry outing last night. It was disappointing and lots of things seemed to have slipped e.g. Completely empty apart from two hard of hearing elderly men next to us who bellowed about their bowels all night, a tv going in the background, the only 2 staff who talked over us and passed food over our conversation, they then opened the main front door so it was freezing and stared at us non stop from the counter around 10pm after the other 2 had left until we finally gave in and left. Tandoori here we come next time.

Posted by DovertheRoad January 11, 05:54PM

Nice update and best wishes to all at Tandoori Nights and good luck.

Posted by DulwichFox January 11, 07:01PM

cella Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A friend and I went for our regular Surma curry
> outing last night. It was disappointing and lots
> of things seemed to have slipped e.g. Completely
> empty apart from two hard of hearing elderly men
> next to us who bellowed about their bowels all
> night, a tv going in the background, the only 2
> staff who talked over us and passed food over our
> conversation, they then opened the main front door
> so it was freezing and stared at us non stop from
> the counter around 10pm after the other 2 had left
> until we finally gave in and left. Tandoori here
> we come next time.

I went to Surma a few weeks back.. as Dulwich Tandoori and Memsaab were both rammed full. 21.00
I was The only customer in there. Food was stone cold on a cold plate. No food heaters were available.

I complained and got no appology. I did not finish my food. in fact I left most of it.
I suggested a complimentary Liquour might be appropriate. I was told if you spend £20.00 you get a complimentary drink.
I said well I have just paid £17.50 for food I could not eat.

I said look your restaurant is empty. Other restaurants are full. Why do you think that is.?
I was told by the Elderly Owner not to come back as he did not want MY Type in his restaurant.

I suggested to him not to be rude to me as I am never rude to Asian/Muslim people. and I am well liked and welcome
in all other Local Asian restaurants. I eat in them 3-4 times a week.

The Surma continues to be empty every night when other Indian outlets are full

DulwichFox

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum