Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation
xxxx
Pure View Carpentry Ltd

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
messageAirport Direct Services - recommended!
Posted by lemonellen 15 July, 2011 16:53

I used Airport Direct Services to collect me from Gatwick this week (following a recommendation on here). Brilliant, efficient and friendly booking service. Arrived at Gatwick at midnight and was met by a courteous driver in a luxury car - and all for half the price of the rather more hit and miss Addison Lee.

Only wish I'd had this number before now - 0800 135 7533

messageRe: Airport Direct Services - recommended!
Posted by bkkmei 15 July, 2011 18:14

Yes, I also booked them at fairly short notice for my husband's delayed flight at Heathrow. Agreed, very good service!

Posted by clrky501 16 July, 2011 08:27

I would also highly recommend-agree with all points already mentioned and also get courtesy text to tell you car is on way-very reassuring if you are on your way to an airport
I would use again

Posted by Pickle 16 July, 2011 08:33

Agreed - I've used them before and was really impressed with their professionalism. Immaculate car, driver dressed really smartly and a very nice guy.

Posted by Blondie 16 July, 2011 08:34

Please could you give an indication of cost?

Posted by clrky501 16 July, 2011 12:38

42 honor oak park to Gatwick-oh and have childseats too

Posted by lemonellen 16 July, 2011 12:41

It was 45 for me here to SE22 plus a pound for parking.

I did the same journey a year ago with Addison Lee and it was 90.

Posted by lisaSE5 19 July, 2011 00:08

YEAH!!! me too!!!thumbs up I used them from SE5 to Gatwick airpt 40 booked last minute, they came to pick me up with luxury car and a very nice driver, really recommended service!!! was the name of the driver VICTOR??

p.s. I never use Addison Lee they are always overpriced!!!

lisa big grin

Posted by simonethebeaver 27 July, 2011 00:17

We used them to go to and from the airport for our honeymoon. Great prices, an upgrade for mentioning the EDF when booking, and lovely driver. A stark contrast to Addison Lee, who failed to send the executive car we'd booked to take me to the wedding, tried to cancel the booking altogether, charged us for a cab cancelled well in advance because of their own slow processes and gave appalling customer service when we complained, telling us we hadn't spent enough. Thank goodness for Airport Direct who were a breath of fresh air.

Posted by ajey1010 14 August, 2011 11:20

ADS-same great service, just lower in price!!!!
5% off our low fares to the airport in November and most of December, if you book 72hrs or more in advance and mention the EDF.
Half price child/baby seats provided, if booked 48hrs or more in advance.
Please note, if you would rather use your own child/baby seats, we are more than happy to take you with them and store them back at the office till your return journey...free of course!
We now offer free wake up calls for those very, very early morning trips...just tell us when to wake you up!
Free text messaging service...we text you when your ADS car is on the way. We can also reserve a pickup/collection for you if you text us all the flight details 24hrs in advance of your return. Just remember to call if you receive no confirmation textback(just means we havent received your text message).
Best wishes

ADS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2012:11:10:22:19:32 by ajey1010.

Posted by amball 17 August, 2011 11:17

Hi I am looking for a local car service that can reliable provide me with a taxi service everyday over 6 weeks starting from 1st Sept. I live locally (SE5) and wish to be dropped off and picked up the same day to St Thomas's hospital. Can you help? Regards AMBALL

Posted by JaneTutor 27 August, 2011 21:40

We used ADS to go to and from Gatwick recently for holiday in Greece; they were excellent - 40 from SE22, nice cars, lovely drivers, efficient etc...

We're never using another firm again!

Jane

Posted by ajey1010 10 December, 2011 00:13

Hi Folks!

Thankyou all for your numerous recommendations on this forum, to friends and to family.
We are very grateful and appreciate your kind words. We would like to give a little back during this 'holiday season' to the many less fortunate in our mist, so that they too can have a sence of belonging.
For each and every booking made from 10th Dec 2011 to 3rd Jan 2012 we will 'donate' 1 to any Charity of your choice!
Simply quote the EDF when you, or your friends book for the discount!

We wish All our customers, old and new, a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Posted by ajey1010 13 December, 2011 12:19

ADS-AIRPORTS DIRECT SERVICES, is now offering a price match to all airports, stations, and long haul trips from tomorrow 14th December 2011, if you book your car/bus within 24 hours notice of your travel ie ADS is confident that our low fares and unbeatable quality cars cannot be matched anywhere in the UK let alone locally, however, if you can find a company locally that offers lower fares with no compromise in quality of service,we will be happy to MATCH THAT OFFER!!!
Please call ADS on freephone 08001357533 or 02079678698 for more info/bookings

Thankyou
ADS

Posted by titch juicy 13 December, 2011 17:27

keep trying to call those numbers- looking to go to city airport on dec 21st- but keep getting no answer, followed by 'number unavailable'

Posted by ajey1010 14 December, 2011 02:50

Hi Titch juicy, dont know why you cant get through...the numbers seem to be fine!
Please try again or go to www.airportsdirectservices.co.uk and fill in the booking form, but you should be able to call us though!

ADS

Posted by ajey1010 28 December, 2011 08:14

Taking a trip to the airport on Jan 1st? Maybe going out late on the 31st? Worried about how to get there at a reasonable cost and a reliable service? If the answer is 'yes', look further than ADS executive cars!!
We are not charging double, we are not charging a fare and a half!
We will only charge a 10 supplement on your fare for 31st December - 1st January. We are getting pretty booked up so please call now for more info/bookings.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!!!smiling smiley

ADS

Posted by monica 30 December, 2011 16:03

Hi I have used Airport Direct, very efficient, drivers are very friendly, and ads thanks for the Christmas card, very thoughtful smiling smiley

Posted by rosedee 03 January, 2012 11:20

I've used ADS a couple of times now for journeys to and from different airports. Both times they were totally reliable, very competatively priced and friendly.

I use a wheelchair and they were really helpful and patient with both it and me! (unlike some cab firms).

I can't recommend them highly enough. Thanks Tony and happy new year to you all.

Posted by ajey1010 24 January, 2012 01:29

ADS now wish to offer child and baby seating free in our vehicles throughout the Months of February and March if you book at least 72hrs in advance. We will still provide seating at short notice for a nominal fee(2), and around the clock Airport and Train Transfers, as well as long haul trips too.
In the near future we shall be offering 'ROAD MILES' to frequent travellers(both buisness and pleasure trips) to make travelling the ADS style even more rewarding!
Will keep you postedsmiling smiley

Posted by ajey1010 19 April, 2012 20:51

Hi everybody, and thankyou for continuing to use ADS for your airport taxi/station needs...
Due to the high cost of running our vehicles we have had to make an increase in our fares to keep us in business.
It is just a small increase of 1 from 39 to 40 for terminals 1 to 4 at heathrow and 45 for term 5(up from 44).
Please note that these fares are for going to the airport and not for return pickups...Please call us on 02079678698 for details on pickup fares!
These changes will be effected immediately and our new and improved website shall detail the changes therein.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, our current website host (contasta uk) has seized trading for a few months now and that has prevented us from updating these and other changes for a while. However, in a few days time all will be rectified and we can continue to concentrate on serving you as we have done.
So do bear with us for a few more days...
Thankyou

ADS

Posted by rimce44 20 April, 2012 12:11

I use train from East Croydon, its cheap and fast go by train.
Dulwich-painter and decorator
East London painters and decorators

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit was 2013:03:10:17:02:29 by rimce44.

Posted by ajey1010 20 April, 2012 20:00

I suppose so...not so cheap and chearful if you have a family to cater for!!!the finger smiley

Posted by lillyanginger 24 April, 2012 18:59

We used ADS for the first time very recently and were very impressed. I am very happy to recommend them.

messageRe: Airport Direct Services - not so recommended!
Posted by joseba 17 May, 2012 18:04

It might be helpful if I share my experience and problems with ADS Airport Direct Services.

I booked a journey to the airport through the online web form, assuming it would be at the price they published on their website. The booking confirmation come by email and did not mention anything regarding costs.

As it turns out they intended to charge a much higher price, which I only found out by phoning them to confirm. In the ensuing discussion they brought forward a number of rather remarkable viewpoints:

• The price list on the web site is four years old, hence I must know that the prices are no longer valid (how I should even know when it was updated they didn't explain)
  • They will update their website in a few weeks (sorry my precognition wasn't working well on the day; also two months later it still wasn't updated)
  • The published website only states minimum prices (in fact it doesn't state anything like that)
  • A contract is only binding if it's signed (no comment)

Once booked and paid their service may be good but I would recommend to be careful about their prices, business practices and legal understanding.

• messageRe: Airport Direct Services - recommended!
    Posted by ajey1010 17 May, 2012 21:37

Please beware...If businesses are highly recommended, provide a great service, are competitively priced; it poses a threat to certain members of society!!!the finger smiley

Be warned

ADS

Posted by HelBel65 18 May, 2012 00:14

Just used ADS for an early morning trip to Heathrow - thumbs up all round. Communication was good beforehand (email and text) and the price for our slightly fiddly 3 pick ups was clearly explained. Very nice driver, good price and an all round good experience (oh, we forgot to ask for a receipt - it was 6am after all - and it was posted to us the next day)
    thumbs up

Posted by ajey1010 15 July, 2012 15:24

ADS Wishes All Team GB reps the best of luck in the 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES....come on Great Britain!!!

ADS will be operating business as usual in these unusual circumstances!

Join us from any London Airport into town, or make good your escape from town in comfy exec cars, with air

conditioning( if we get to use it) at great rates with

seating for up to 7 people, with baby and child seating for the little ones.

Book online at www.airportsdirectservices.co.uk or give us a bell on freephone 08001357533 or 02079678698(normal

rates apply).

Thankyou

Posted by Polmoche 08 November, 2012 17:51

Just wanted to recommend ADS as well. Used them twice now for pick ups--friendly, excellent communication, and reasonably priced. I do agree they need to update their web site though. smiling smiley

Posted by ajey1010 16 November, 2012 23:01

Hi Folks and thankyou all for continuing to support us at ADS. We cherish your business dearly and hope we can serve you better still in the coming years.
    We will be sending out a questionaire regarding our services and in particular, the intended car sharing scheme we hope to start in the new year(summer).
    We welcome all your views on this-negative or positive and hope to understand better the needs of the local community as we do London, in general.
    It basically will ask EDF readers if it is a good idea or not!
    The details will be made public in a few months and tries to understand whether it is right to have 3, 4, or even 5 cars all leaving ED at 5am for example, then another 3 or 4 leaving at 5.15am and so on, when maybe some could share a car which would save added costs to both environment and one's pocket - and earn the driver a little extra.
    Fares for cab sharing would start from as low as 20 to Heathrow and 25 to Gatwick depending on the number of pickups!

Watch this space for more news

Thankyou
    ADS

Goto Page: 12Next
    Current Page: 1 of 2

Back to top of page
    Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
    Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum