Can any ladies recommend a good local hairdresser

soyamocha3

Although I use lots of our local shops and restaurants, I have always had my hair styled in town. I would prefer to have my hair cut locally and would value a recommendation. I want someone who can cut hair really well - you know the sort of style that when you come to wash and style it yourself, you realise what a good cut you were given. Any suggestions? Cost not an issue. Thanks

I have tried all the hairdressers on Lordship Lane, with the exception of the one near to Dulwich Library and didn't like any of them. My hair gets cut privately by a lady I found on this forum. Search for Home Hair.

The trouble is, it totally depends on the particular stylist, and some stylists are good on some types of hair or particular styles, but not on others.

A salon might have only one stylist who is good for your particular hair, and how do you find them without trying each stylist out?

It's a blooming expensive business trying to find someone who can make your hair look good and not make you want to put a bin bag over your head for a couple of months :))

But hey, at least hair grows back .... usually ......

Well after trying just about everywhere I now use Simon at Roche opp the Plough. ?29 quid for a lovely cut and finish. its not posh pampering ( think barbers rather than swanky salon ) but the quality is great and lovely guy too. In my opinion beats the others hands down.

except hairy jane who's brilliant but not quite as convenient..

• 4 weeks later...
Ok ladies and gents Looking to come down in 6 weeks on Sunday the 30th and Monday the 31st october...Who would like an appointment on one of those dates? Please feel free to ask any friends if they would like an appointment too? Please reply as soon as poss to avoid dissapointment and please reply with which day better suits u out of the two.. Thanks Jason the hairdresser...

• 2 years later...

Christopher G Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You should try Emilka SALON in walking distance

> from West Dulwich

> Very attractive prices and highly professional

> hairdressers

xxxxxx

Your only two posts on this forum are both recommending this salon.

I'm guessing you own it or work there. Am I right?

And this thread is from 2011!!

So "Christopher G" must have done a search on hairdressers to find it and resurrect it.

FFS.

Things will have well changed since 2011. Kuki in Bellenden Road has opened for a start, where you can get a great cut at a reasonable price eg from the lovely Shingo.

But so many threads recommending them already.

I usually go to Kuki but, unable to get an appointment, I went for a cut at Myla and Davis on NCR yesterday and I have to say it was absolutely lovely. Alesha was brill, the ambience was extremely relaxing and overall the experience great. I would highly recommend it.

MissP76 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Benjamin at the newly opened Myla and Davis on

> North Cross Road - the best!

xxxxx

Fair enough to say the best you've tried, but not sure you can say he's THE best unless you've tried every single person in every single salon round here! :)

• 3 weeks later...