Forum Sponsors

Daisylets Residential Property Management

http://northwooduk.com/estate-agents/dulwich

www.dulwichlaser.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Highly Recommended Painter
Posted by rbarton 20 March, 2015 10:30

I rarely make recommendations here on the forum, but for Des I must.
I have not met a more trust worthy individual to be left in my house to work and to top it off the work he did in our house was excellent. After chatting a bit we released our kids are a similar age and at the same school in E.D., so true to the point that he is local and not in the neighbouring areas or further a field.
I like him very much and will only use Des for any painting decorating needs from now on, highly recommended.

Posted by 1shaw 06 April, 2015 10:29

My experience with Des has not been a positive one. The work which was carried out on my bay windows needed remedial work less than a year after it was done. When I contacted Des regarding recompense I was asked why I didn't use his guarantee and then completely ignored. I would not use again.

Posted by lala24 13 April, 2015 22:17

Another recommendation for Des - great job in my son's bedroom, perfect finish, tidied up after himself and friendly pleasant chap!

Des's mobile is 07971299009

Posted by DOTE 06 May, 2015 13:39

Des has just done some more work for us which means he's now painted our entire house inside and out over the course of a couple of years. We think he's brilliant - he's an absolute perfectionist and isn't happy until the finish is of the highest quality. He can also tackle all the little odd jobs that come up with an old East Dulwich house, he sorted out a couple of window sill leaks for us, got a friend in to do some roof patching, and did a great repair himself on a completely rotten window sill. The work he did on the outside 18 months ago still looks great but I have no doubt he would pop back and sort out anything that went wrong under his guarantee as every time he comes back to do another job he's sorted out stuff that I've messed up free of charge eg. When I've scuffed a wall by accident Des has just touched it up while he's there. It's testament to how good he is that if you chat to Des you find out that the vast majority of his work is repeat business. On that note like most good people in East Dulwich Des is kept pretty busy so get in early if you need him. Really nice guy to have around and highly recommended by us.

Posted by lozzyloz 19 November, 2015 13:42

Just want to add another recommendation for Des who's just completed a huge painting job for the exterior of our house including rendering and all woodwork. Really excellent job! Des has also painted most of our interiors over the years.

[m.colours-co.co.uk]

Posted by collyflower 03 February, 2016 22:11

Des painted all the outside of our windows about 5 months ago, he did a great job and it is lasting well. He was always on time, very helpful, gave us good advice and even fixed our leaking gutter for no extra charge. If you need a good painter and one whoose work lasts then call Des.

Posted by Mu4ola 07 February, 2016 18:26

I would also like to recommend Des.
He did our bedroom and living room.
Professional , clean and reliable .
Really happy with the work he did .
Will be having him back later in the year for some more areas in the house.

Des 07971299009
Email : colours.paint@gmail.com

Posted by Mn1acc 01 March, 2016 21:07

I would thoroughly recommend Des Bradley (07971 299009). I found Des after numerous recommendations on EDF. He did the job (painting hallway door frames and skirting boards) to a high quality within the stated timeframe within budget. He was extremely clean, reliable and trustworthy. I would hire him for more jobs.

Posted by rossontheweb 11 March, 2016 20:14

We recently had Des paint 5 doors, skirting boards and our front door - they were all done perfectly with no mess and little interruption. Des even gave me a little paint kit and mini lesson on how to do some extra bits that I couldn't afford to pay him to do - very kind, professional and extremely good at his job. Will absolutely get him back to paint again. Thanks Des!

Posted by DesTheDecorator 01 May, 2016 16:06

Hi rossonthewed
Thanks for the post
Desthedecorater

Posted by Clapham17 03 May, 2016 19:24

Hello,

I would also like to highly recommend Des who recently did a beautiful job of painting the interior of our house. Des's attention to detail and his professionalism is of the highest and most excellent quality.

Thank you Des.

Posted by ClareyC 28 September, 2016 20:16

I just wanted to add our vote of confidence for Des Bradley. He has recently completely a decoration job for us, doing the kitchen, sitting room, cloakroom and hall. He did a fantastic job, finished to a high level with attention to detail. He was also very thorough in covering up / protecting floors and work surfaces as well as cleaning up after the work was completed.

We would definitely recommend him.

Posted by zoo 05 December, 2016 22:12

Another happy customer who would like to recommend Des ,a fantastic painter and decorator that has previously painted the outside of my house,and has just finished painting my kitchen,cloakroom and bathroom,all done to a very high standard. he has done a lovely job,his attention to detail and quality finish are excellent.He is a very nice chap,will definitely use again.

Highly recommended: Des 0797 1299009

Posted by LMB January 02, 02:06PM

Des has recently transformed our hallway, stairs, landings including 8 doors. I was so impressed with his prep, he is a perfectionist and we are so pleased with the result. It's the second time we have used him and I wouldn't consider using another painter now. Completely trustworthy, did a first class job and gave my family chocs for Christmas, how kind is that!

Thank you Des and Mark, I will be in touch again soon.

LMB

Posted by annieB January 04, 12:31PM

Can't praise Des highly enough. We needed a room painted just before Christmas and needed it finished in time so that family could stay over. Des did an amazing job, totally reliable and very tidy. Thank you Des, hope you had a good rest over Christmas!

Posted by AndrewOrange January 11, 03:55PM

We always use Des if he's free and have done for 10 years or more. For all the reasons outlined in this thread!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed