Very Good Tailor for Alteration Needed

tyor

Thanks Creative Decorating. Found his website via Google. It's www.threadneedlemantailors.co.uk. Thread Needleman Tailors 187a Walworth Road.

I see he has done some work for some celebrities. Hope the cost of the alteration won't be more than the suit itself lol.

Many thanks

gordie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Try Annie - 08956527824 - she is well known

> locally and does fabulous work!

Thanks for the recommendation Gordie , my number is actually 07956527824

But you were close enough just one digit out ! I appreciate you taking the time to recommend me. Thanks Annie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Late reply but i can second George threadneelde . He has altered a shirt for me and is also currently making two pairs of trousers for me (has a deal on his website at the mo) and altering a coat,top service real gentleman and gives sound advice

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be rude to ask what the prices for alterations are in the Thread Needle place on the Walworth Road?

I have a suit jacket that needs the sleeves taking up an inch or so, which probably means the cuff buttons also need to be moved, if not the cuffs retcut to avoid looking stubby.

I've never had any alterations done, so I have no idea what the going rates for these things are. I see a lot of dry cleaners do alterations, but I'd be nervous of taking a nice woolen suit jacket to one blindly, in case it came back *looking* like an alteration. I assume a proper tailor is going to leave it looking like it was made the way they've altered it?

Best give him a call and talk to him he won't be as cheap as a local dry cleaners but you get what you pay for,however he isn't 'row' prices either but has the knowledge of a top tailor

I have had a coat and shirt altered and two pairs of trousers made- very happy with the results

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...