Builder Recommendation - J Kidd London

roadie

I'd like to repay the favour to the EDF, where we found our builder Joe Kidd. Joe has recently finished refurbishing our Kitchen and dining room, and we are really delighted with the outcome. To say it has changed the look and feel of our house is an understatement!

The work involved removing a wall and inserting two new lintels to re-site our back door, as well as extensive plastering, electrics (including replacing the consumer unit), tiling and of course fitting the units. We are really happy with the finished kitchen, and grateful for Joe's great attention to detail. I'm happy to email before and after pictures, if you are interested in seeing the finished job. Joe and his labourer Rick were also a pleasure to have around the house, they worked hard and the job came in on budget.

I know that Joe has recently had a few of his earlier recommendations lost from this site due to a forum cleanup by the webmaster, but we certainly would recommend that you contact Joe if you are thinking about having any building work done.

Chris (aka roadie), SE23.

J?Kidd London - Electrical and Building Services

M: 07729 701466?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the recomendation above.

As a local experienced builder and fully qualified electrician I provide a wide range of reliable and efficient services. Unlike some other firms I do not sub contract. I pride myself on delivering a personal service and always see my jobs through to the end. Much of the work I receive is from word of mouth referrals - importantly all work is covered by public liability insurance and fully guaranteed.

Example of work undertaken:

~ General building work ? refurbishment

~ Commercial and domestic electrical services

~ Carpentry & flooring

~ Fitting doors & windows

~ Tiling

~ Plastering

~ Painting & decorating (interior & exterior)

~ Gardens & landscaping

~ Plumbing (I work closely with a qualified plumber and can quote for work in this area

)

......................................................................................................

~ Recent & relevant references can be happily supplied on request

~ Clean & high quality work guaranteed

~ For a free quote or chat please call Joe on 07729 701 466

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I would also like to replace my reccommendation for Joe. We used him about a year ago and were very impressed by the standard and range of work he did (he mentions them above so I won't repeat). Further more I was working from home at the time writing a PhD thesis, which could have been a nightmare with the wrong builder, but Joe was great, kept noise to a minimum where he could and actually became more of a friend than someone working for me. I have a couple of before and after photos if anyone wants to see as they speak more than anything written on here. If anyone has anymore questions please don't hesitate to message me.

Ed

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the recommendations above. It's much appreciated and I never under estimate the value of a referal.

As a local experienced builder and fully qualified electrician I provide a wide range of reliable and efficient services. Unlike some other firms I do not sub contract. I pride myself on delivering a personal service and always see my jobs through to the end. Much of the work I receive is from word of mouth referrals - importantly all work is covered by public liability insurance and fully guaranteed.

~ Carpentry & flooring

~ Tiling

~ Plastering

~ Painting & decorating (interior & exterior)

~ Gardens & landscaping

~ Plumbing (I work closely with a qualified plumber and can quote for work in this area)

Happy to talk through any requirements EDF users may have.

Kind regards

Joe Kidd

07729 701466

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I would post a recommendation for Joe on this thread as well. I recently had a chimney stack removed, an internal load bearing wall removed and new flooring put in by Joe. He did an excellent job at a very competitive price and I will certainly be using him again. Highly recommended!!

• 8 months later...
I wanted to recommend Joe too. He did a load of work for me last summer, including some structural work to the outside of our house, as well as redecorating our bathroom and a bedroom. He is a really nice guy, very reasonably priced, with a real passion for what he does. He is a real perfectionist and so the finish is excellent. We're really pleased with the work and will definitely use him again. Again, highly recommended!

Thanks for the recommendations above. I have just had a job cancel at short notice and have a gap in my diary which I would like to fill.

I am a local experienced builder and fully qualified electrician.

Unlike some other firms I do not sub contract. I pride myself on delivering a personal service and always see my jobs through to the end.

Much of the work I receive is from word of mouth referrals - importantly all work is covered by public liability insurance and fully guaranteed.

~ Carpentry & flooring

~ Tiling

~ Plastering

~ Painting & decorating

~ Gardens, landscaping

......................................................................................................

~ recent / relevant references are happilly supplied on request (I come with a great service history test me!)

~ clean & high quality work guaranteed

~ for a free quotation or chat please call

Joe on 07729 701 466

• 9 months later...

Having just finished several months of house refurbishment work, I wanted to give a belated shout out for Joe Kidd who did some building work for me.

Having been frustrated by some EDF recommended builders who promised to quote but never fulfilled their promises, I was lucky to get a gap in Joe's schedule back in the spring. He installed a new bathroom for me as well as raising a ceiling and fitting a velux window in a bedroom.

Joe's very easy going and does all the work himself. He came up with some good solutions to a few tricky problems and his quality of work is excellent. I am very happy to recommend him.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all,

I usually take on larger jobs - I am currently renovating my own house and actively looking for smaller jobs / handyman work, so that it fits in with my own renovation.

If you are looking for a high quality builder / electrician for smaller jobs / or a handyman please do get in contac.

I do not have website as all of my work via recommendation or repeat work. I have a long history in East Dulwich can provide local references available on request.

~ Carpentry & flooring

~ Tiling

~ Plastering

~ Painting & decorating

~ Gardens, landscaping

Kind regards - Joe Kidd (J Kidd London Building & Electrical Services).

TL 07729 701466

Hi Joe - I need a couple of odd jobs doing round my flat in Peckham. I have some free shelves which need putting up urgently.

Would you be available for this at all? I will likely have repeat work in the future too.

Best,

Rachel

• 1 year later...
Joe has done several pieces of work for me on my house in East Dulwich. He's an excellent builder who works diligently and completes jobs to a high standard. Unfortunately I had to cut the last job short due to tenants moving in so Joe is looking for work NOW!!! Have to provide a reference over the phone. PM is you would like to chat.

I can also add the recommendations for Joe. I found him via the forum a few years back and have used him for a number of different projects, including a rewire to a full kitchen refurb. He also updated a friends bathroom on my recommendation.

Joe is a really nice guy. Good / clear pricing. I liked that all costs were agreed upfront in writing and weekly payment schedule agreed in advance. He left my house tidy each night, and importantly respected it as my house / ie not a building site..

I think you can still get him on 07729 701466.

Kelly

• 1 year later...

Hi. Due to a recent cancellation I am unusually available. For a free no obligation quote please contact me.

Joe - 07729701466

I am a qualified electrician and experienced builder, I have been working for many years on the E.D.F.(see above) I can fit bathrooms and kitchens as well as a whole range of carpentry and plumbing jobs, small and large. I have great links to all trades such as window supplies and fitting. Unlike many firms I do not subcontract, all work undertaken by and overseen by myself.

All work guaranteed with public liability in place.

No money taken upfront.

Pre approved payment plans, with retention payments built in, until jobs are complete

Thanks, Joe Kidd- J.kidd London - Electrial and building services.

• 3 months later...

I am a local and experienced builder / qualified electrician providing a wide range of reliable and efficient services.

Unlike some other firms I do not subcontract.

I pride myself on delivering a personal service and always see my jobs through to the end.

Much of the work I receive is word of mouth referrals - importantly all work is covered by public liability insurance and fully guaranteed.

- General building and home refurbishment

- Installation of kitchens / bathrooms

- Structural projects

- Electrical installation / maintenance

- Plumbing

- Carpentry

- Painting and decorating

- Tiling

- Plastering

- Gardens and landscape

Recent / relevant references are happily supplied upon request - I come with a great service history.

Clean and high quality work guaranteed

For a free quotation or chat please call Joe on 07729 701 466.

Kind regards

Joe Kidd - J K Building and Electrical Services

• 6 months later...

I found Joe through the forum.

I've just had Joe & Sam do a weeks worth of both interior and exterior jobs. They were extremely pleasant to have around. They worked hard to a very high standard and answered all of my questions and concerns. No job was too big for them. I would highly recommend them and will be using them again.

They cleaned up after and left everything as originally found. I would Trust them in my house if I was not around too. Pricing was all very clear.