Washing Machine Repair Recommendation

Bumpkin

Just re-iterating other posts on here about Steve (07921 777428). Rang him up, he was round within the hour and everything fixed within another half hour. The drain pump had gone on my AEG washing machine and he had one in the van. Amazing. Great service.

Very happy to recommend Steve too - he's done good work for us twice in the last year - the first time replacing a dishwasher pump, the second sorting our cooker out, which he did this morning. He turns up when he says he will, talks in plain English (as mentioned in other posts) and gives good advice on top of getting the job done. Check him out on 07921 777428.

Steve came out to fix our washing machine months ago but only just got around to writing on here...great service..very friendly and knows his stuff inside out!! also very reasonable charges...his number is firmly in my mobile just in case my Hotpoint packs up again...

Highly recommend Steve.

We used him over the Xmas period, after washing machine stopped draining the water. Phoned him early in the morning, he came late morning as he said. He sorted the problem in 15mns after he removed the chain wrapped around the pump. The pump was still working so no need to be changed. He also left the place clean despite all the water inside the washing machine. Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
Steve just sorted out our washing machine today - was quickly, good value and has saved us the cost of a new machine. Very reasonable call out charge. My Mum and Dad were very impressed too! Shall be keeping his contact in case we have any similar jobs which need sorting out. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Ive used both Steve and 'washing machine Dan' . Both of whom appear on East Dulwich Forum.

Steve has been round and fixed our machine last year, pretty quick and easy and replaced a part which he had in his van. Very happy with the repair.

However a few months after the washing machine began developing a loud banging (a different fault from before). I called Steve but he was unable to fix it. He was incredibly busy that day (probably from all his recommendations on this site) and didnt really spend enough time to get to find the problem to fix it. He didnt charge for the call out which was very nice of him but left without repairing saying he couldnt find a fault with it.

After a few more months and the banging from the machine getting unbearable and even louder. We thought as a last resort before chucking this one out and getting a new one, we'd try Dan. He spent an hour or more investigating the machine and testing it. He eventually found the problem and after a quick fix he got it up and running without the banging and without the need for new parts, saving us forking out a new machine. He also text a day later to check if everything was OK.

Just another recommendation for Steve. He's fixed our washing machine twice in the past - 2 different problems - and came out today at a couple of hours notice to fix our dishwasher. More than happy to recommend him.

And another! Steve came and fixed our washing machine this morning. Came within the hour, fixed it in half an hour, charged me ?45, and didn't ridicule me when he found that it was my collar stiffeners blocking the filter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Steve (07921777428) just fixed our washing machine, came on an hour and a half's notice which was amazing - he identified the problem very quickly, had spare part, fixed it and was very pleasant to deal with. Very happy to recommend him too. Thank you so much.

• 1 month later...
Per other posts, for washing machine repair, Steve the spin doctor was recommended (07921 777428) and I wish to add similar praise. I was able to book an appointment with him for the next day. He then arrived on time and fixed the internal water leak problem within 20 minutes. Further, in this time, he replaced the door seal, which was old and worn. Very impressive.

Another recommendation for Steve the Spin Doctor, in the last couple of months he's fixed our washing machine and oven. Both appliances he fixed really quickly, the oven he took apart and cleaned the mechanism as he said it wasn't worth spending money on new parts. They are up and running fine now so saved us a fortune on new appliances. Very happy.

• 2 weeks later...
Another star for Steve of Spin Doctor. Straight forward, no problems, fixed our dish washer in 20 minutes and charged us a reasonable price. What a relief to meet such a reliable and reasonable repair man. 07921 777428

Steve fixed our electrolux dishwasher yesterday, quickly replacing the fuse and causing minimal mess. Fingers crossed the machine keeps going now!

I would highly recommend him, he is reliable and was in touch via email very quickly. Thanks Steve!

Another recommendation for Steve. He's just retrieved the two small bits of toys that had obstructed my machine and we are no longer living under the threat of being buried alive beneath Mount Laundry Vesuvius.

Steve was round within half a day of my calling him and was quick, efficient and his rates very reasonable. I can't praise him enough. Thank you, Steve!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am just getting my flat prepared to rent out and there is a minor fault with my washing machine. I have previously used Steve (the spin doctor) who was fantastic and Dan once (also good). They are both on holiday abroad and I really need to get someone round over the weekend/Monday.

Can anyone recommend any other local repair guy?

Many thanks,

Emily

• 2 weeks later...
Steve came round to look at our dishwasher yesterday and was fantastic. He came within a couple of hours and didn't charge us as it turned out to be a manufacturer problem. He then called back with more advice later after doing some research. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Hi,

Can I also recommend the Spin Doctor.

On both occassions, Steve was easy to reach by mobile phone and asked all the right questions in order to asses the problem and arrange a quick call out.

He was punctual, friendly and professional. In this case the washing machine panel with the buttons you press to start the machine had fallen through into the back of the machine.

He was able to fix it very easily and the job was done within 30mins and his fee was very reasonable indeed.He also gave me some good advice to prevent me having any future problems.

I would not hestitate in recommending The Spin Doctor!

Emily (East Dulwich)

• 6 months later...