For a beautiful haircut in your home...

Victoria C

Hello All,

I am a hairdresser who focuses on cut and blow-dry. I had a thread on the forum in 2010/11 but it appears to be out of date and no longer on the server so I am posting anew. I've been off the EDF for about a year but I've still been accommodating clients from back then who contact me :-)

For those of you who are reading this for the first time I have been a hairdresser for 20 years, trained at Vidal Sassoon and owned ?Top to Toe? salon in Morden from Jan ?01 ? Dec ?04.

My prices are (presently in 2014):

Monday to Friday day/evening

Ladies ?30 / Men ?25 / Children (under 16) ?15 / Children (under 10) ?10

Weekends either Saturday or Sunday is possible though it's very much a case of whether we can organise a time that suits both of us as I am sure you will appreciate that weekends can be as busy for me as they are for you.

Ladies ?35 / Men ?29 / Children (under 16) ?20 / Children (under 10) ?10

Making an appointment: Please try to give me as much notice as you can as sometimes I can come at the 'drop of a hat' but at other times the calendar is quite busy and I might be only able to offer you an appointment for the following week.

I used to promote myself in the NCT magazine. There may be members of the forum who remember me coming to their home to do their hair in the 1990s!

I have many clients with babies - its one of the many reasons that people choose a home hairdresser. I always allow an hour and a half just in case there are interruptions in the haircut so that we are under no pressure.

Finally I always make a policy to mention to new clients that I am transsexual woman. I transitioned in 2009 and have reached the point when I "look" perfectly acceptable (I think) however I make a point of being open about my medical/social history.

If you are OK with that then I would be happy to cut your hair at your earliest convenience.

My practice is that you do not wash your hair before I see you and I bring all equipment and styling products with me.

All you need is shampoo and conditioner.

p.s. If you do look at my website, I happen to be an artist and my website reflects that rather than hairdressing.

Victoria Cantons

M: 07956 591 944

Based in Wandsworth, SW18

email: [email protected]

facebook: Victoria Cantons web: www.victoriacantons.com

Blog: [victoriacantons.livejournal.com]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I've had a great response already, which is fantastic. Thank you.

I'd just like to add that when you email me or private message me, please kindly include your mobile number as it helps speed up communication so that we can organise a time that works well for both of us.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

Just a quick update: I am currently about and available if anyone would like a fresh haircut to go with the fine summer weather.

Feel free to message me and simply include a mobile number if you can which makes it easier for us to make a date.

Thank you,

• 3 weeks later...
?Just a quick note to thank you for the GREAT hair cut Victoria. Appreciate you taking your time as I have a 12 month baby girl to look after as well.? Have had many compliments and of course told them all where the magic happen. Thanks Audrey

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Since it's July and it's summer time (though I'm not entirely sure where it's summer but somewhere) I thought why not offer everyone a chance to get a haircut for a discount (?!)

Contact me during July and mention the East Dulwich Forum Discount and instead of my usual fee the price will be:

Monday to Friday day/evening

Ladies ?20 / Men ?15 / Children (under 16) ?10

Weekend

Ladies ?30 / Men ?25 / Children (under 16) ?15

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now a great haircut (and I trust my friends when they say this new haircut is amazing and so 'fresh') thanks to Victoria! Besides she's very nice. First haircut in England (I am French), I was quite afraid not to get what I wished but Victoria understood what I meant and gave me some good advice too, so it was a nice experience! I can't tell you anything else but give it a try!

Thank you again Victoria, next time I am in London and I need a haircut, I call you

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, I would also recommend Victoria. She came to our house and did a haircut for me and my other half both of us were very happy with the outcome. She also knows a lot about taking care of your hair which is quite enlightening. I am definitely going to call Victoria again as I trust she really knows what she is doing and doesn't need much direction. Thank you Victoria!

Hello all,

Thank you for all your direct emails, private messages and texts. And for the kind comments left on this thread :-) It's been a fun month making lots of new friends and reconnecting with some older ones - a few clients who I haven't seen for a while but you contacted me again... You know who you are, thank you. So, transforming you all, creating new looks for you ... just contributing to you being the best you you can be. It's been very cool.

Thank you.

So now we're moving in to August, if you're still about then that makes two of us! I'll be off at the end of September but I will post about that later.

I'd love to do your hair so give me a call. Prices and everything else you need to know are in the opening post at the top of this thread. At the moment I'm booking three to five days ahead.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

I'd like to add a new thank you once again for all the great contacts made through this thread. What can I say? It's just great to do your hair!

However... (regular clients will know) I am heading in to hospital this Sunday for an operation I've been waiting for for a while - at last my time has come. I will be recovering for about 6 to 8 weeks and so will not be available to do home visits until about the last week of November.

I will keep this thread active so that as soon as I'm up and running again then everyone will know.

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

I should have posted sooner but I've been busy recovering back to full-on mode :-)

Thank you for all the messages wishing me well.

I am cutting hair again up until the 22 December for whoever wants to see me before Christmas or New Year.

Message me here on EDF or send me a text/call me.

Thank you very much.

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Im really just posting to remind you that I am both active and available should you wish to have me come to your home to do your hair.

Pleaser scroll to the top of the thread to see my details and prices.

Thank you,

Victoria

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone,

Im really just posting to remind you that I am both active and available should you wish to have me come to your home to do your hair and thank you to all of you ho continue to call me for your haircut or find me for the first time here.

Pleaser scroll to the top of the thread to see my details and prices - they were revised as of the beginning of the year.

Thank you,

Victoria

• 5 years later...

Hello East Dulwich Forum Members,

I have not posted for a long time but I am coming online to say I am still cutting and blow-drying hair in the area.

For those of you who are reading this for the first time I have been a hairdresser for since 1990, I trained at Vidal Sassoon and owned ?Top to Toe? salon in Morden from Jan ?01 ? Dec ?04.

I am also an artist (painter and photographer) and I am in the second and final year of my masters at the Slade School of Art full time during the week. As a photographer I have photographed weddings, corporate events and sporting events as well taken portraits for people as and when needed. There are examples of my work on my website.

Because of my MA I am only doing hair clients at weekends.

My hair prices are (2019):

Ladies ?35 / Men ?29 / Children (under 16) ?15 / Children (under 10) ?10 - please note I do not do call outs for just one child's haircut.

When you call it's very much a case of whether we can organise a time that suits both of us as I am sure you will appreciate that weekends can be as busy for me as they are for you.

Making an appointment: Please try to give me as much notice as you can as sometimes I can come at the 'drop of a hat' but at other times the calendar is quite busy and I might be only able to offer you an appointment for the following week.

I used to promote myself in the NCT magazine. There may be members of the forum who remember me coming to their home to do their hair in the 1990s!

I have many clients with babies - its one of the many reasons that people choose a home hairdresser. I always allow an hour and a half just in case there are interruptions in the haircut so that we are under no pressure.

Finally I always make a policy to mention to new clients that I am transsexual woman. I transitioned in 2009 and have reached the point when I "look" perfectly acceptable however I make a point of being open about my past.

I hope you are OK with that.

I am happy to cut your hair at your earliest convenience.

My practice is that you do not wash your hair before I see you and I bring all equipment and styling products with me.

All you need is shampoo and conditioner.

p.s. If you do look at my website, I happen to be an artist and my website reflects that rather than hairdressing.

Victoria Cantons

M: 07956 591 944

Based in Wandsworth Town, SW18

email: [email protected]

facebook: Victoria Cantons web: www.victoriacantons.com