Recommendation for plumber - John powers

Vixster250

Just wanted to mirror other peoples recommendation for plumber John Powers. Our boiler broke down in the cold snap and British gas advised we needed a whole new boiler.

After a hefty quote from british gas - John came round and came in A LOT cheaper.

John and his team started the work the next week and we couldn't be more pleased. The new boiler has been fitted to a very high standard.

Above all they were very friendly and professional.

Would highly recommend John powers to anyone looking for a plumber!

07977 909339

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Can highly recommend John Powers and his team. He has helped us several times now from leaking toilets, radiator moves to a broken down boiler. We have always received sound advise about how to get things fixed in the most cost effective, efficient way and are very happy to know we can rely on him for future work

Lisa and Simon

• 3 weeks later...
Phoned John regarding our faulty boiler & instead of charging us for a call out, he spent the best part of half an hour talking us through potential problems and solutions, until he worked out what was wrong & gave us instructions on how to fix it. Crisis averted due to his advice, no charge at all, cannot thank him enough. Definitely will call again if we need any plumber/ boiler related issues. Alex and James

Another double thumbs up for Jon Powers. He came round after I called him first thing this morning to check out my boiler. Despite losing possible business he told me that the manufacturer had a special deal on and could do it a lot cheaper than he can. He also advised against replacing boiler yet as it was still worth repairing. This speaks volumes about his integrity. I just hope that Vaillant can match his professionalism! Contact number: 07977 909339

• 2 weeks later...
I have also used John and his team and they were great, fitted a new boiler within 2 days of me first getting in touch and were very lovely and tidied up after themselves. Time will tell how good the boiler is ( ! ) but will certainly be using them again and for the servicing.

• 5 weeks later...

We would also highly recommend John Powers and his team. Fast, efficient, very professional and competitively priced.

After wasting a lot of money replacing parts for a boiler (which should have been replaced, though not advised) with another company, John replaced the boiler within days. Also appreciated the follow up calls to make sure everything was ok - very good customer service.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Highly recommend John and his team. He's a true professional and an absolute pleasure to hand over the work to.

The work itself was thorough and he took the time to offer the most efficient and cost effective solution to our heating system requirements. His advice saved us a thousand pounds and the end result is best described as fantastic. Cheers John!

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to chime in here too - Amazing service by John over the weekend. We discovered a big wet stain in the kitchen ceiling on friday evening 9.30PM. Texted John who called back straight away and checked the level of urgency, gave advice what to do to stabilise the situation and scheduled a next day visit by one of his team. Next day visit was great - a bit of really old (now leaking) pipe work was quickly replaced and in addition Johnny patiently answered all of my many questions about our pipework. Communication was great throughout and John followed up with a text to check in today, on the Sunday, to see that things were ok.

Great customer service, highly recommended!

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another shout out for John Powers and his team. He's just fitted and moved a new boiler for us - very good advice, thorough quote (which he was able to give us there and then and was the exact amount we ended up paying) and a quick, professional job.

His carpenter also built us a new boiler cupboard.

All the guys that came round were professional and friendly and couldn't do enough to help.

We'll definitely be using him in the future.

• 1 month later...
I'd also like to recommend John Powers. My boiler died (no hot water or heating) and my home insurance sent out an emergency plumber who said it was due to 'sludge' build up and he couldn't do anything. I called John up and he came round the same day and fixed it immediately and affordably. Long story short, it wasn't sludge and it was fixable - but it took a plumber like John who knew what he was doing!

• 2 months later...
I came home last night (Close to 9 pm on one of the coldest nights of the year) to no boiler/heating/hot water. Due to the above recommendations for John Powers - I called and left John a message. He responded quickly last night with diagnostic questions and then advised how to refill the boiler/return the pressure to normal. Very helpful, honest and improved my very basic DIY skills for no charge.