An East Dulwich Vintage Wedding Fair?

Vici

Hello

Just putting the feelers out and seeing if there are enough local/small businesses out there that want to target the wedding market with an emphasis on 'vintage' or 'alternative' (not too commercial).

I am an online wedding stationer - www.octaviaplum.com - and I'll be doing a couple of small wedding fairs this year but there seems to be nothing south-east London based. If there were enough of us interested; vintage jewelry, dress collectors, cake makers, stylists, photographers etc. then might be a fun idea to start one.

I know that East Dulwich and surrounding area is a hot bed of creatives and small business so if you're keen, then get in touch!

Vici

Yes, I think it would probably depend on how many local wedding businesses came forward as I guess its quite niche, but I definately think that East Dulwich has that vintage vibe about it and people wanting something a bit less 'high-streety'. Plus there's a lot of young couples that settle in east dulwich that might be heading down the aisle! There isn't any fair I know of in the SE area.

I'd definitely be interested. We are a small family run business supplying funky retro sound systems for weddings and parties.

I've been looking for a marketing opportunity where I won't be pitted against DJ Dave with his starcloth and speakers on poles. We offer a much more bespoke service that suits a more retro/ rockabilly/ funky occasion.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to get the ball rolling.

It's great news that so many people are interested in doing a wedding fair. I think small intimate fairs are the best way to interact with your niche client. If anyone has any ideas about it then keep posting. Will get back to you all asap. Exciting!

Good morning,

Im going to contact a venue today about hosting the fair. Please can you follow me on twitter if you are still interested, as it would be interesting to see what cross section of the industry we can pull together from the local area. Thanks.

Vici

@octaviaplum

Hi, it would be great to hear from any brides to be in the area about whether this is something they might be interested in. If you want my details to help organise or source a venue then PM me.

I didn't post my details in the first one as I'm a general user of the forum so I'm going to make this the one mention of my business that I'm allowed. I'm a photographer with a vintage, alternative style (that's the easy way to put it. My web address is www.elliegillard.com

Thanks iluvcake - I might put out a twitter 'shout out' to some other photographers I know and see if it is something they might like too...

Would be great to get something going - struggling to think of a venue in ED right now but sure there are loads...

Hi, I think that if over 300 people have read the thread then about that many are interested which is pretty good going so far! I am going to be talking to the ED warehouse as they have shown an interest in hosting the fair. Its certainly a brilliant space for it. Will let you know how I get on.

Vici

PS Will definitely require some help with this when it gets off the ground. Thanks for all the offers! x

Hi there,

I'm very interested, I'm a new salon who has recently moved into the area. We were previously in Croydon - we specialize in weddings for all hair types. Oh yes,I have also been told that there is a wedding fair held in Dulwich College yearly. - never attended so don't know if it still exists, you might want to check. Keep me updated!

Many thanks.

I am a creative planner who has just finished a vintage/retro wedding, I enjoyed it so much that I would relish doing it again. I plan and create unique weddings and events, making and sourcing everything personally.So every little detail can be personalized.

The fair would be something I am interested in.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Our company would be interested, we offer photo booths with a variety of vintage themes and prop boxes, and also wedding photography, we're based locally. Your idea of a local wedding fair sounds right up our street...keep us posted if you're doing it

www.thephotoemporium.com

Me too! I make vintage style hair combs, slides/brooches and headbands out of velvet flowers and leaves and can co-ordinate these with brides and bridesmaids dress fabrics. Flowers include roses, violets, hydrangea and (perfect for small bridesmaids or flower girls) forget me knots. Please let me know! HP