Can anyone recommend a removal company?

ClareC

• 1 year later...
We moved to East Dulwich yesterday and used Robert and Denny's following the above recommendations and I'd just like to say thanks. They were absolutely super. We had one guy come down to pack up our belongings and he did the whole place from scratch as I hadn't packed a single item. Everything was packed so carefully yet efficiently and he did it in no time. As they do this all the time he knew which bits to leave unpacked or separate for me. I spent the whole day looking after my 9 week old daughter and it really was quite fun, the most strenuous part for me was making cups of tea (tllm2 you were right about gettin through lots of biscuits!). Then 3 other men arrived in the afternoon to load up the van for overnight storage. Next day they unloaded it all at my new house. All boxes were put in the right place, all large furniture that they deconstructed was reassembled, they took great care with furniture and left no marks on my new carpets and freshly painted walls. Craig and Oly were the main guys that ran the process for me, they were incredibly polite and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

• 11 months later...
I recently used Removals Dulwich (this is their website: http://www.removalsdulwich.co.uk/) and I must say I'm impressed. I found them online and I called one day before my move. I had doubts whether they'd have available men and vans on such a short notice. Some companies I've called in the past have turned me down because of this reason. These lads just said "no problem". I gave a detailed description of all the items I needed moved. The next day, 2 technicians came to my home just as we had discussed. I had no packing boxes, so they brought their own. You should know the boxes aren't free, but luckily they tell you this while you're arranging details over the phone. So anyway, the movers got right down to work. They packed all my items. They labelled every box. All the time I just stood and watched. I even went to take care of some business. Then we drove to my new address. They unloaded everything and put it exactly where I told them to. They were so easy to talk to. We even cracked jokes while driving. Their prices are quite affordable as well. If you ever need to move inside Dulwich or outside of the area, be sure to call these guys.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I do understand this is an old post but I do feel that I need to spread the word about Superb Moves.

We used superbmoves (or perhaps it's .co.uk) and they were excellent. Our move wasn't easy, with a number of things needing to go into storage and then being delivered on the move day but it all went very smoothly. I'd definitely take a look at them. Highly recommended.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Superb Moves http://www.superb-moves.co.uk/ helped us to move from East Dulwich to Brighton. Chris and his team were indeed superb - from providing a (very reasonable) quote to being quick and skillful with loading/unloading the van they were a pleasure to deal with. We had quite a lot of stuff to move (at some point we were prepared to leave some garden plants behind!), so their professionalism in making full use of space was vital. I would definitely recommend the guys.

• 3 months later...

Following on from a recommendation here - I've just moved house with Superb Moves [www.superb-moves.co.uk]

Chris and the team did a great job from the initial visit to assess my move to delivering the final box.

The team arrived on time and worked tirelessly to pack all my belongings with great care and attention - there wasn't one broken glass or cracked plate which I'm sure wouldn't have been the case if I'd done it myself! Large pieces of furniture were wrapped and moved carefully, even taking a door off its hinges at one point to ensure nothing was scratched. Finally, they made the dis-assembly and reassembly of large wardrobes and beds look easy. Nothing was too much trouble, even moving heaving pieces of furniture between rooms as I changed my mind on where things should go.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Chris and the team at Superb Moves

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 months ago I used londonmanandvan.com which provides an excellent service at a competitive price. Their team are very friendly and professional. They arrived on time and delivered my belongings quickly and with care. Nothing was broken! Would recommend without any hesitation!