Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.andmove.co.uk

www.gymboree-uk.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageNew Cafe Viva on Choumert Rd
Posted by Grotty 21 March, 2012 15:00

Just wanted to share the love about this lovely new cafe that opened today on Choumert Rd. I stopped in there with my 2 little girls today and it was everything we hoped it would be and more. It is a cute little place, not ideal for the gargantuan Phil&Teds that we arrived with today but room enough to park it in the window, and the 2 high-chairs and baby-milk on offer were proof of a family-friendly vibe. The menu was simple yet perfect with something to suit whatever gap it is you need filling whilst supping your coffee or tea (pastries, cakes, homemade banana bread, toasties, soups etc). At a risk of sounding like an infatuated teenager it's perfect - great food, great style & generally a great feel to the place - It's a lovely addition to the area and I'll definitely be going back... (& I promise I have absolutely no connection to the place - just a proud Peckhamite)
Check it out at 44 Choumert Rd or on twitter @cafevivapeckham

messageRe: New Cafe Viva on Choumert Rd
Posted by charliecharlie 15 April, 2012 19:39

I would second the vote for Cafe Viva... just opened in Choumert Road - opposite Thomas Calton building... lovely homemade soups, toasties with delicious chutneys, brilliant homemade cakes, and BEST coffee!

Cool interior with some interesting art on the walls, I think by ex Goldmsiths students, the staff are really lovely too!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
xxCC

Posted by bsand 16 June, 2012 19:37

Great coffee , great bannana cake and cream and great lentil and spinach soup - good luck to the guys who run it was pretty quiet today at 3.30 but deserves to do well.

Posted by sandy_rose 16 June, 2012 22:32

Another recommendation from me, their banana cake with Greek yoghurt and honey was delicious and the others looked equally yummy.

Posted by superhans 17 June, 2012 10:04

The banana cake was obviously a popular choice yesterday- I thought it was delicious as well! Really like the place and hope it is successful - a great addition to the area.

Posted by Missjojo 23 July, 2012 19:01

Agree - its a lovely little cafe. I really hope it does well, so pass the word.

Posted by LittleBarry 26 August, 2012 17:52

Just wanted to add some positive comments about Cafe Viva... I'm organising a baby shower for a friend and was looking for a nice venue in which to do it. Lily at Cafe Viva could not have been more helpful, and made it really easy to organise - I left feeling really excited about the event.. Also had a bugar wheat salad whilst I was down there that was DELISH and my boyfriend had a lovely almond croissant.. It's really worth a visit..

Posted by katie1997 27 August, 2012 13:42

Great caribbean chutney & delicious fiery ginger pop - yum. Another fan of this lovely little cafe here too.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed