Forum Sponsors

Your Local Personal Trainer

http://www.gkbarbers.co.uk

www.bodyshot-pt.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
messagePlumber Needed (CONTAINS FAKE RECOMMENDATIONS)
Posted by Paul7 11 April, 2012 13:35

Hi

Please could someone recommend a plumber in the East Dulwich area.

Thanks.

messageRe: Plumber Needed
Posted by kirky 11 April, 2012 14:29

THIS IS A FAKE RECOMMENDATION - Admin

Hiya, try Maurice. I used him last week after reading several recommendations regarding his reasonable rates. Great guy and am happy to pass on his details. 0 7 5 6 2 413 401

Posted by mygirls 11 April, 2012 14:35

Another recommendation for Maurice.
Very punctual and polite.thumbs up

Posted by puglove 11 April, 2012 15:17

Another thumbs up to Maurice. He has done numerous jobs for me, friends and family members over the months and has even charged under quote on last job.

Posted by spoiltdog 11 April, 2012 15:25

Try Ady 07961981944-Has Recommendations on the Forum

Posted by meggymoo 11 April, 2012 18:19

Maurice gets my vote. He was aware of the effect of water on wooden floors and avoided getting our kitchen floor wet. He explained everything very patiently - enough times for me to be able to write it down for future reference.
The charge was pleasantly surprising and he even did a few extra small jobs for no charge.
He will be the person I call should we have further problems.

Posted by Administrator 11 April, 2012 22:39

These fake recommendations for Maurice the plumber from Planet plumbing have to stop.

The user nikkinuts has already been banned for posting recommendations about Maurice, and having the same IP as Maurice himself and another user who recommended him.

Now four users on this thread have been recommending him, can you spot the similarity:

mygirls - nikkinuts1978@gmail.com IP: 92.4.147.87
meggymoo - nikkinuts@gmx.co.uk IP: 92.4.147.87
Puglove - nikkinuts@gmx.co.uk IP: 92.4.147.87
and there's Kirky - IP: 92.4.147.87

Fake recommendations are illegal. We recommend that users of the forum do not use any business that has to lie to get business.

Sorry for taking over your thread Paul7 and I hope you find someone good and trustworthy.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by red devil 12 April, 2012 10:40

John Powers has lots of genuine recommendations on here...do a search on his name

Posted by sophiesofa 12 April, 2012 12:53

We used a Maurice (don't have the number anymore) and were very happy with him. I just wanted to check there aren't two and one may be accidentally getting a bad rep? He had what looked like genuine recommendations on here a couple of years ago.

messageRe: Plumber Needed (CONTAINS FAKE RECOMMENDATIONS)
Posted by mockney piers 12 April, 2012 14:58

Second (genuine) nod for Maurice. He seemed nicer and cannier than to be doing this sort of thing (boo hiss etc), but takes all sorts I guess.
He was a good plumber though.

Posted by Pickle 12 April, 2012 15:05

There are two Maurices who work as plumbers.

The one referred to is Maurice from Planet plumbing (who I used last week, and agree Mockney, he didn't seem the type. Shame on you Maurice!)

The other one (innocent party) is Maurice Yeoman who we've used many times in the past and he is excellent, highly recommended.

Posted by mockney piers 12 April, 2012 15:09

It was Maurice Yeoman we used as it goes. Glad he's not been naughty then!

Posted by scareyt 12 April, 2012 15:10

Try Michael, MP plumbing, lots of recommendations on here.

Posted by CBRoad 12 April, 2012 15:25

Oh, that would explain why my overflow pipe has been leaking ever since it was fitted.

Posted by Administrator 12 April, 2012 17:42

It was Maurice from Planet Plumbing who's been naughty. I've change my first post to clarify that.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Dr De Soto 13 April, 2012 15:33

We've used Maurice Hinds, twice (courtesy of a recommendation on the forum). I think he's the one who's being accused here. Anyway all I can say is that in his defence he did a very good job for us both times (fitting washing machine, fixing overflow pipe). Disappointed to hear about the fake recommendations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2012:04:13:15:45:50 by Dr De Soto.

Posted by shallotlover 15 April, 2012 18:17

Right i would just like to clear a few things and set the record straight. I am Maurice Hinds from planet plumbings wife and it was me who put the fake recommendations on here. Hubby knew nothing about this and it was not him as he doesnt even know how to use the computer. He is a good honest man and has done many a plumbing job from here and had many genuine recommendations which have all now been deleted. Business was slowing down and i foolishly put fake recommendations on here without him knowing. I know this was wrong and i apologise but all that i said about him were true and i was quoting from previous jobs he did. My apologise and please do not take it out on him and call him dishonest and naughty because all of you who he has done jobs for you will know thats far from the truth. Its me who should be chastised, it genuinely was not aimed to con or trick people merely to help build up hubbys business as he so deserves it, he has trained hard and now fully qualified deserved a break as he was so excited to finally be doing the job he loved and it was lovely to see the spark back in his eyes after 2 years being unemployed. When business slowed down i panicked as worried he would be stuck at home again and start feeling inadequate about himself. He is a hard worker and passionate about his job, im sorry for all the problems i caused i was per usual trying to help but ultimately made things worse. Nicola Hinds

Posted by sam0287 16 April, 2012 14:56

Genuine recommendation for Maurice Hinds from planet plumbing here.

He came and fitted a new toilet cistern for me recently. Arrived on time, got on with the job and did it well. And charged a very reasonable rate. I'll definitely use him next time I need a plumbing job.

Sam

Posted by Administrator 16 April, 2012 15:12

Fair enough Nicola, thanks for clearing it up.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by shallotlover 16 April, 2012 16:06

I am genuinely sorry and to say hubby is less then impressed with me is an understatement. Thank you Sam and admin.

Posted by Gidget 16 April, 2012 16:28

Why would you do it under 4 different names?

Posted by shallotlover 16 April, 2012 16:34

because therefore i had 4 recommendations. And it was 3 i did it under 1 was my mum who i asked her to do it and she was more then happy as hubby has done her plumbing work for free over the years. No excuse im sorry.

Posted by StraferJack 16 April, 2012 16:45

I don't need a plumber at the moment but this little episode almost makes me want to hire Maurice now.

If you are going to do something wrong, the best way to right that wrong is to do a proper mea culpa and not get defensive and I was genuinely impressed with the apology from Mrs Maurice

Posted by theasidonio 16 April, 2012 17:04

I've known Maurice for a number of years and he's done many plumbing and DIY jobs for me before he was qualified and since he was qualified. I was and still am very happy to give him a recommendation on EDF.

Posted by Gidget 16 April, 2012 17:21

shallotlover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> because therefore i had 4 recommendations. And it
> was 3 i did it under 1 was my mum who i asked her
> to do it and she was more then happy as hubby has
> done her plumbing work for free over the years. No
> excuse im sorry.

Not sure why you didn't just say who you were in the first place and praise your husband. Because he apparently has lots of satisfied customers already that would mean you were just bringing him back to the attention of residents in search of a plumber. There are other people on here who big up their other halves - Michele Bentley is one who springs to mind.

Posted by shallotlover 16 April, 2012 17:52

I didnt think this was allowed? When i first become a member on edf (dont quote me) im sure i was advised that you were not allowed to self advertise and surely this would include my partner. Sorry but i did wrong and not sure what else to say. It will not happen again.

Posted by Help-Ma-Boab 16 April, 2012 19:07

I too don't need a plumber, but feel like employing Maurice and giving shallotlover a hug. She did wrong, with good intentions and has apologised nicely.

Posted by shallotlover 18 April, 2012 17:23

Thank you all for your support regarding this very embarrassing matter. I just wanted to ask if advertising or if recommending hubby is now allowed? A bit confused by rules as i have now read them and it states you can recommend yourself once but hubbys have been removed, am i being cheeky even asking this after what i did its just ill go mad if he dont find work soon, the toilet has been took apart and re put together twice, poly filler has now been put all on the walls that parrot has damaged and i can now see he is eyeing up my washing machine. Great that his keeping busy but quite frankly would rather he do it some where else as i quite like the use of toilet and washing machine ha ha. I have sent an email to admin regarding advertising and asked if i could pay for it or how i go about this but have not yet had an answer. Thank you and sorry to be a pain

Posted by Administrator 18 April, 2012 17:42

Recommending hubby is not allowed I'm afraid but he has other recommendations which are still on the forum.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by shallotlover 18 April, 2012 17:46

Thanks for the speedy reply. Does he, oh fantastic i thought he had been completely deleted. Also do you allow advertising for a fee, someone else enquired and was told to send an email, i did but not had a reply yet. Sorry just eager to get him out there.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed