recommendation: builder/decorator

MM22

Hi,

I want to recommend an excellent builder/painter/decorator we used back in Dec/January to paint/decorate the entire inside of our home in SE22 (a 6 week job)

Matthew Hanson and his team were friendly, efficient, finished the work on time and really did a fantastic job - very professional, reliable and competitively priced (we had 6 different quotes for the job and theirs was the best).

They continue to come to do odd jobs around the house and are able to recommend trustworthy tradesmen for jobs they are not able to do themselves.

They replastered most of the rooms, refitted two bathrooms (turning one into a wetroom - excellent finish), laid floors, repainted walls, stairs, and woodwork throughout, and did various odd jobs. Matthew himself is a painter and the work was of excellent quality.

If you wish to contact him, his number is 07939 530699.

All the best!

• 1 month later...

Matthew and his team worked on my property to redo walls, floors, plumbing, etc. They were fantanstic.

The work was high quality, competitive, and the whole team was just very nice to deal with.

I would highly recommend them.

• 3 months later...

I promised Matthew I would give him a strong recommendation on here when he did a great job of wallpapering our bedroom back in August. Really lovely guy, easy to be around and he has a strong work ethic which meant that he was able to finish the task on time. Won't hesitate to get his help on other work in the future.

Cheers,

Ricky

• 4 months later...

I'd also like to highly recommend Matthew for any painting or decorating work. He did a fantastic job helping us revamp most of the rooms in our house, bringing in people as necessary for various different jobs and getting everything done to a great standard.

We found him very easy to work with. There was a lot of communication and we always understood where we were with the job.

Matthew is also very trustworthy and you can have complete confidence in his recommendations.

Matt and his team did an excellent job of painting and decorating various parts of our house as we prepared it for sale. They did an amazing job on our front room ceiling which needed attention to detail because didn't want the period ceiling rose or the decorative coving compromised in any way. During the works they ensured the affected rooms were always kept tidy and it was a pleasure to come back from work to find dust sheets folded and mess tidied away as much as practicable. We have no hesitation in recommending Matt for the quality and timeliness of his work.

Cheers,

Scarla

• 4 months later...

I too would like to recommend Matthew.

He wallpapered for us this week, clearing up a job that another decorater had done badly. He did an excellent job. Matthew was very professional, tidy & neat. He was very good at keeping in touch and letting us know what time to expect him, etc.

Overall a brilliant service, we were very pleased.

• 1 month later...

Matthew and his team have completed a number of jobs for us, all of which were competitively priced and very well executed. As mentioned previously, he has a great eye for detail. He also managed to save us quite a bit of money identifying the cause of damp patch which I was convinced was rising damp. All in all, he's completely trustworthy and is a nice guy to have around.

Highly recommended!

• 5 weeks later...

Matthew is a great person to know in the area. He manages properties and offered me really useful maintenance advice for my flat. He's just carried out the work and its been done to a really high standard and exactly as promised. He does everything from decorating to tiling, sealing, gas safety certificates etc.

Whatever you need doing, he'll have a connection that can get the work done. He's totally reliable and I'd fully recommend him.

His number is 07939530699

• 3 weeks later...
It's been 2 years since Matt and his team did the work on our home and he still comes regularly for odd jobs. Recently he has identified & dealt with 3 damp patches and done the re-painting free of charge. We are very glad we found him 2 years ago and I would still highly recommend him for any painting/decorating work.

Another emphatic recommendation for Matthew. He very recently painted some bedrooms and lounge for us and did an excellent job - very thorough. He clearly takes pride in his work. His colleague skim plastered two rooms (walls and ceiling) for us also, and this too was a top quality job (far superior to a recent plastering job done by another team). I would highly recommend Matthew for the quality of his work, attention to detail, very reasonable cost, amiable nature and willingness to offer advice. We will definitely be using him in the future (as there's pleeeeenty yet to do in the house!)

• 2 months later...
Matthew and his team have just decorated my dilapidated hallway and toilet to a very high standard given the state it was in when they started , trustworthy ,hardworking and polite ,I will definitely have them back in future to finish the rest of the house when its time. - Many thanks to Matt and his guys.

• 3 weeks later...
Matthew has just finished painting some MDF built in wardrobes and shelves for us. He used a spraying technique which I think is fairly new, and it was clean and gave a fantastic, even finish. The end result is that Matthew has done a great job. He was reasonable, reliable and very pleasant to have around. We would definitely recommend him and also have him back.

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Matthew. He and his guys have just completed their second job for us and we are really happy with their work. They fully redecorated our 2 adjoining reception rooms including painting newly built-in cupboards and shelving to really high standard. They worked extremely hard and have finished it to a really good standard at a very fair price. They were also particularly patient and considerate with our two small children running around the rest of the house and fairly frequent interruptions!

In addition, Matthew is really helpful and knowledgable and advised us throughout about materials and methods and any issues which arose during the work. He also liaised independently with the carpenter building our shelves and cupboards to coordinate all the work as smoothly as possible, which was great.

We will definitely use Matthew and his team again.

• 1 month later...

I would also highly recommend Matthew. His team recently did some electrical work in my flat and the subsequent plastering / finish was excellent. I already have him coming back to do some more work on a damp issue.

He is reliable, professional, and kept me well informed throughout.

Matthew and his team have just finished some work for us which included plastering two rooms and decorating our hallway and upstairs rooms. The quality of the work is excellent, we have some wood panelling on the stairs which has been stripped back to the original wood and looks really good. Matthew is a very nice chap and very easy to deal with, we will be using him again and I would happily recommend him to anyone.

Matthew and his team finished painting our living room, kitchen and bathroom and staircase in January. They were very clean, tidy and polite, and finished on time. It was nice to finally deal with decent trades people! We can thoroughly recommend them, and will be getting them back to do our front door and hall way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Another resounding recommendation for Matthew and team. Worked hard, promptly, the finish is perfect throughout and every night I got home the place was so tidy I wouldn't have known they were there had it not been for the paintwork. Excellent price, excellent service and I would very happily use them again.

• 2 months later...
Matthew and his colleague George did some work for me painting a window and I was very happy with the results. George came back numerous times to ensure the job was done perfectly. I would definitely ask them to do more work for me in the future.