Peter James developments

HonorOak1

We've just had our bathroom refurbished, including moving a wall to make the bathroom bigger. We're very happy with the work completed by Peter James Developments. All the tradesmen working on the project delivered top quality work and the overall finish is excellent. Also, of the three estimates I had done before the job, PJD were the most reasonable. Good work - will definitely use them again.

• 3 months later...
We would like to add to the recommendations for Peter James Developments. They are currently finishing off the second stage of our house refurbishment, including re-configuring our Victorian terrace to move the bathroom upstairs and knock through and extend the kitchen. Very happy with the quality of work by Peter and the team who work very hard and produce a good finish. Out of the 15 quotes we had (i'm very fussy) he was one of the most reasonable and easy to get on with!

• 3 months later...
Another recommendation for Peter James Developments for work done this year. Peter plastered the whole house to a beautiful smooth finish. Competitive price. Peter is extremely personable and easy to deal with, a straight forward and completely trustworthy guy; he worked around our timings splitting the job into 2 stages and each time sending his team of great guys in who worked extremely hard long days to get the job done. There was a section over the stairwell that I could not reach to strip the wallpaper (several layers that had been painted with oil paint not just emulsion) and he dealt with that for no charge. There were various other things that had arisen between the quote and him coming on site and Peter dealt with them all extremely fairly either just doing them for us or for a small at cost charge where appropriate and with our agreement. Super.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys

As you are aware Peter James Developments Showroom is now open at 121 Denmark Hill selling kitchens, bathrooms,flooring, fiberous plastering etc for all your household needs.

As you know we always like to work closely within our local community and are therefore currently looking for a local web designer to work with us to develop our current website further, should anyone be interested or have any recommendations of note please let us know.

They must be familiar with Word Press.

Please PM me with any responses.

Thanks

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We used Peter James to renovate our property and in error we overpaid him about 3,300?. Although he promised to refund us we have received nothing some six weeks after our initial request. As a result we have commenced legal proceedings against him for non-payment.

• 5 weeks later...

One month since our first posting regarding Peter James Developments Ltd: our request for re-payment of over-paid amount lodged with the small claims Court one month ago has got nowhere and we are having to pursue legal proceedings further.

We have also requested by registered mail reimbursement of costs incurred with other contractors to complete the job (unfinished or badly finished by Peter James). Will keep the Forum informed.

• 2 months later...

Just to add to the warnings, do not use this firm!! Based on some positive recommendations we used them in late 2013 to do a big building project and since the project was completed (very late due to extremely poor management) we have suffered from terrible damp issues due to the use of the wrong materials. We have been trying to get them to sort this out for 9 months now and although some bits have been fixed the main problem hasn't and I haven't had a response from them for months. So we are also about to start court proceedings.

Such a shame as we were so keen to support a growing local business, and we have been incredibly let down by lies, poor quality work and general incompetence. The shop has also been shut for months so I have my suspicions that they firm has gone bust as they were so bad.

I never post bad reviews unless I really want to prevent other people from suffering similar consequences and when it comes to your home, I don't think anyone should have to undergo these sorts of problems. We are now left with a house with damp issues that didn't exist before which we are going to have to pay to get fixed. We are hoping to reclaim this money through the courts but I don't know how easy that will be. We have lost but I hope by reading this no one else will.

• 6 months later...

Is this the same Peter James that was based in Streatham and had a shop recently near King's College Hospital? Note there is also a Peter James Estate Agents (I don't think they are related) locally.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any current contact details for him as I have a query for him.

If anyone knows where he is trading from could they let me know plse.

Thanks

Paul

ps Isn't his work insured - I think it's supposed to be. So you might want to go down that route with building problems.