Dan's Plumbing and Heating

confen

Daniel and his brother's 'Dulwich Heating & Plumbing' (Mobile: 07852 757654) is, certainly, to be re-recommended. At short notice on a Sunday emergency I called them (as recommended by someone in my street) and they were on my doorstep in Nunhead by the hour ready to fix a sudden leak from my toilet cistern which threatened to flood my home. As well, I mentioned a further ongoing leak problem to my mains loft tank during 'my telephone call out' where an additional 'domestic plumbing problem' was fixed with required parts that needed doing for ages. - And, altogether with ongoing consultation as to what was being done with what required replacement part and final assessment of 'a job well done'.

Sorry, I just had to reply to this message!

After Dan failed to turn up to have a look at our shower as promised, I contacted him again to rearrange a time. Having arranged a new time and he asked me to recommend him via this Forum, I said I could but only after he completed the job, and not before (which is what he seemed to be suggesting) - he failed to turn up again!!

2 afternoons wasted waiting for the same tradesman, what a total waste of time. The man who came to look at the boiler, think he runs a different company but they work alongside each other, was much more helpful.

• 3 months later...

I can heartily concur with all sentiments re: Dan's unreliability. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to get him to complete the work he was supposed to carry out on my flat. I have given up on him as a lost cause. Honestly, if you use the guy, you use him at your peril. If he actually does the work it would appear to be pretty sub-standard from other posts, but given his rare sightings you may even consider yourself lucky. Certainly do not hire him, and i would thoroughly encourage you to tell everyone else you know not to hire the guy. Honestly, even if he were a decent plumber (and a quick glance at the website https://sites.google.com/site/dplumbingandheating/ should cause concern - btw not sure he is Gas Safe either so its probably illegal to advertise as such) his remarkable lack of professionalism would send you running to the hills.

DO NOT USE THIS GUY!

• 1 month later...

Strongly advise against Dan. He started a job (removing a macerator), took payment midway through then went AWOL. He arranged to come round on three separate days but never showed up and never called to explain he wasn't coming. He stopped answering calls. After a fortnight of having a toilet sitting in the hallway, we made other arrangements. We then phoned Dan on a number with which he was unfamiliar and got through. He agreed that he would return the money he owes us for outstanding work by Monday 4th March. Today's Wednesday 6th, nothing's arrived and Dan's not responding to messages.

In better news, the fitter we got around to sort out the mess left by Dan was brilliant. His name's Stephen Viccary and he completed the job and finished the bathroom to an exceptional standard in a day. (www.spvinstallations.co.uk - 07941 266 145).

• 1 year later...

So, it's March 2014 and still up to his tricks. Came promptly on the first occasion, but on the second occasion, when I stayed in especially:NO SHOW. No phone call etc. Just lots of text messages demanding money for the first visit (60 quid for turning a valve by the sounds of it).

Sat at home AGAIN for a second no show and no call or message.

Do not use the person with [email protected]

Or phone number

07852 757 654

07879 220 447

Any recommendations of non-cowboys anybody?

• 1 month later...