Can anyone recommend a good roofer?

artined

Sir/Madam

We are offering a 10%Discount in the run up to winter on all Roofing Works And Building offer starts from 8th September and will End "8th November PROMO CODE ED11

D.long Roofing Renovations

8 ninmegan way

East dulwich grove

Se22 8tl

[email protected]

Just Google my name and see for yourself

I have recommendations on the forum its self

Facebook- D.long roofing

My Builder for 40+ feedbacks.

My name is Darren, I am a sole trader and this is my own company. I specialize in all areas of home renovations specifically in all types of roofing from changing a clip on your gutters to a complete roof, we also undertake other areas of work such as painting, decorating, carprenay and maintenance however, I have done kitchen and bathroom fits, I also take on extension and garage conversion I try to aim o keep cost down. If the price is higher then others I will am to match or bet their price proof of price will be needed

(Please refer to Facebook for pictures)

I provide competitive pricing and free quotes.

I have liability insurance up to 2 million pound and all the necessary paperwork, I can organize references with notice I work very hard and all work is completed to a high standard. Most of my work is based locally so I am always nearby.

If I can be of any assistance to anyone on this site please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Darren Long

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had my new but botched/leaking roof repaired by Jeff Latouche and have to say he has done a fantastic job. The original roofers were uncontactable so I had 3 quotes and Jeff matched the other 2 but did a couple of extra bits above and beyond what I expected. He did a thorough clean up afterwards ,left it looking great and so far no leaks.

His no is 07904892111

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know OP was 4 years ago, but I think this thread is invaluable for others looking for SE London recommendations online. Here's another recommendation for Danny Read / DR Roofing. Though I'm in Lewisham/Bromley border myself I registered to give my recommendation and I have no association with Danny. I found Danny on this forum and he was able to do the works without additional scaffolding costs (he works safely using a portable scaffold tower they erect themselves). So his initial quote was ?900 less than others. However once you have a roofer in, its a good idea to get them to do as much stuff as possible (re-paint soffits, clean gutters etc) He was very accommodating. Next time I'd try to itemise all work up front and barter a bit :) His team seem like trustworthy likeable chaps. The initial works required were to repair a very poor chimney removal job by another SE21 based company.

There do seem to be plenty of portable scaffold tower/cherry picker options, so it's worth researching roofers that are more flexible in this area whilst remaining safe. I did initially go for another recommendation here but they were let down by their scaffolders, so could not meet timescales. This actually worked in my favour because I found Danny.

As an aside, I've learned if you ever find yourself looking for recommendations from the checkatrade type websites look at the number of recommendations as well as the score. The company that first bodged my roof have 9.5 out of 10 on checkatrade but only 7 reviews. I suspect a good company will have more +ve reivews, as people are wary of leaving -ve reviews.

Tomlinson Roofing, a local SE London outfit, just did an excellent job re-roofing my property in East Dulwich. It's a small family business and they did the work themselves - no sub-contracting the job or anything at all dodgy. Their estimate was fair, communication excellent (plenty of updates on progress) and the work was first class. Nice people & I can't imagine a better experience for such a major renovation. They're members of all the appropriate trade associations (WHICH Trusted Trader, Competent Roofer etc) and their other reviews look 100% positive. I would definitely employ them again.

Ray

David O'Connell!

My old Victorian slate roof had been deemed by others beyond repair. But David painstakingly repaired it. That shows skill and dedication. And at a reasonable price. I've recommended him before and can only reiterate that, apart from doing a good job, he is reliable, calls back and turns up when he says he will.

• 8 months later...