Dog on One Tree Hill -- mystery solved

sheilarose

There is a collarless black and white whippet-type dog at the top of One Tree Hill. (Friday, 11.30am-ish) He is definitely on his own and seems quite frightened. I couldn't really get near him, but will try going back later without my own dog and with a collar and lead to try and catch him if he is still there.

We couldn't find him when we went back, but he was there again this morning. He didn't look as if he had been sleeping out for two nights, though. As I was discussing what to do about him with other walkers, someone from one of the houses that back on to One Tree Hill called, and he promptly ran off through the trees and disappeared through the fence. Seems as if he lives there and just pops out to play or to warn other dogs off his patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been alerted to this thread as I posted almost the identical one this morning. I spent almost an hour trying to catch and help this dog. @Sheila Rose, did you ever find out which house he belonged to? Would love to know he's safe now...

Last saw him last night, but he seems very disorientated and unsure of where he was etc. Not much road sense...

This morning I tried to take a closer look at the fence where the dog seemed to come from, but the wind started blowing like an express train and I gave up before finding any obvious gaps. The dog probably lives in one of the houses in One Tree Close that back on to One Tree Hill.