HE'S HOME! - One last push for lost tabby cat Cheetah

AdrianB

Our big tabby cat Cheetah has been missing from Fellbrigg Road, East Dulwich since 22 September. He could be close (maybe chased out of his territory and lost) or he could have strayed further afield by now. Typically he's a friendly and confident cat so he may not come across as a distressed stray (although after three weeks away from home his behaviour might have changed). We miss him. Please contact us with any information at all ? for instance, could he be being fed by someone near you? Obviously, if you find an injured or deceased tabby which could be Cheetah, please don't be afraid to get in touch. Many thanks to everyone who has contacted us so far.

Adrian: 07788 414791 Jacqui: 07958 509564

• 2 weeks later...
Have you checked with Celia Hammond? They have dozens of cats which they are offering for homing. One has the same markings as your cat and was taken in by them as a friendly stray with a leg injury.They are open for viewings on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

One thing I thought I should mention, it's definitely worth talking to the bin men/postie, as they often make friends with cats and notice them, and the bin men often find dead cats (one of mine was identified by them, so at least we had closure).I lost my beautiful black cat Cosmo, a couple of years ago, he just disappeared...so I feel your pain, but don't give up yet, it's just been a couple of months,have you tried the council? Cats protection? Local vets? I'm afraid the RSPCA are fricking useless...

Thanks Gerty! We're keeping an open mind about whether Cheetah's been in that area, and have been asking around. Some of your neighbours on Oakhurst reported a tabby to us, but when we went to check for ourselves it wasn't our cat. Still worth keeping an eye out though - appreciate your info!

• 2 weeks later...
I could be wrong but do check around Henslowe Road. There is a cat very similar to Cheetah that lives on the road but he has the end of his tail missing. This one came up to my door yesterday, pretty keen to come in and I noticed his tail was longer and I did wonder if it could be Cheetah but thought Cheetah was a lighter tabby until I've just checked the pictures now. I'll let you know if I see him again

Amazingly, Cheetah is home after eight weeks and one day. We are over the moon. He's just had a slap-up meal and a few licks from his brother who, like us, is trying to work out where he's been. Thanks so much to the eagle-eyed spotter who sent us photos tonight. We went straight round, saw him, called his name and he came running. At last we can take all the posters down! Thanks a million also to the dozens and dozens of people who have reported sightings or just sent good wishes. Community power!

Adrian and Jacqui.

Thanks Turtle! He was on the far side of Barry Rd from where we live, about 10-12 minutes walk from our house. As for where he's been, he's keeping that to himself! He certainly looks healthy, so he's evidently capable of getting fed when he's away from home, the canny lad!

Best news !!!! thats made me so so happy every time I saw your posters I sent up a little prayer that he'd be found.

Ive been checking this section regularly for updates.

As a fellow cat owner its my worst nightmare.

sending you and cheetah love and many happy years together.

If only they could talk huh?

X

That's fantastic! So happy for you.

In the days before the Forum, I found a ginger cat crying and frightened in my porch on the night of a terrible storm. I took him in and fed him and gave him a box and blanket to sleep on in our lean-to. I let him out the next day but he just hung around our house. So I made found posters at work and traipsed around the neighbourhood putting them up (I was 8 months pregnant at the time). Lots of people rang me and came to see him but sadly he was not their cat. He was still turning up at our house every day so of course I felt I needed to feed him and look after him as best I could, even though our own cat was not keen! I became very fond of the little chap and secretly hoped no one would claim him and we would keep him and our cat would eventually deign to accept him. But after another couple of weeks someone else called me, she came round, it was indeed her cat Seamus and there was a happy reunion in our garden. I was really sad to see him go and still think about him! He was three streets away from home. Hopefully Cheetah has had someone looking out for him in his time away.