ED from the Air

krigh

How excellent. I took a similar photo when I was flying over but it was not nearly as clear so well done you! Love how green it looks and you can see the train line and either someone has a blue roof or a swimming pool can't work out which!

Also the edge of Brenchley Gardens, and the Reservoir.

Thanks so much for posting!

> and you can see the train line and either someone has a blue roof or a swimming pool can't work out which!

On the Google maps satellite photo there's a pair of games pitch areas together, grey and terra cotta coloured, just south of N Dulwich station, if that's what you're looking at. I'd guess that the grey one has been recoated in a trendy blue.

Good work, great pic, well done for sneaking the camera out on the plane. I flew into City the other day and couldn't pick out ED....think I was on the wrong side of the plane.

See there is some benefit to being on the flight path to all those who moan on here about having knowingly bought property under a flight path.

Glad everyone enjoyed them. I've put up a few more that I took in the sequence. I spotted Peckham Rye station first and started clicking from there. It was just my iPhone and unfortunately it doesn't capture the same quality as my SLR.

http://dancelikenooneiswatching.com/photos/East-Dulwich-from-the-air2.jpg

http://dancelikenooneiswatching.com/photos/Peckham-from-the-air2.jpg

http://dancelikenooneiswatching.com/photos/Peckham-from-the-air.jpg

SteveUK - I actually usually pick my seat based on seeing London or ED if I can. I was flying in from Vegas and knew Heathrow lands from the east to west over ED and then Richmond Park. Was lucky to be spot on.

Ianr - Yes, it is surprising how much more interesting it is than Google Maps/Earth. Something about seeing it in one shot for real is quite fun. Speaking of maps though for those who haven't seen BING (Microsoft) maps have been updated with Aerial Photography from 2012 that is brilliant. You can almost recognise people in the photos. Super close and you can see all the detail on the buildings:

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=sk90pngztc6t&lvl=20.18&dir=98.58&sty=o&eo=0&where1=East%20Dulwich%2C%20London&form=LMLTCC

• 3 years later...