dr boo (Lounged)

woodie

hmm,just really cheesed me off.so lame. yesterday late afternoon bought a 20 quid bubbly bath for missus's birthday. Seems I got the wrong flavour. So She and i went back to Boo's to exchange with receipt unopened. useless dames refused. 'we dont know what youd done with it since yesterday, not that im saying..'. well, hmm that sucks. pointed to little sign 'we dont exchange cosmetics'. no more gifts from there. no way. Bubble bath=cosmetics?

dr poo!

Got to be honest and say I wouldn't want to shop somewhere that allowed cosmetics to be returned - unless the packaging was intact? As in plastic? Otherwise - nope.

But I must say I really don't like the shop. I've been in there twice looking for clothes and have been made to feel like a pauper - literally ignored, and then a very unhelpful exchange with the assistant. Mmmm, more fool them - experience in retail (not to mention life) has taught me never to judge a book by its cover...

(edited to point out that I am a bit of a pauper... but do spend lots on "significant purchases" - ie my winter coat)

Indeed, I too would not like to purchase from a shop that allowed cosmetics to be returned. I love Dr Boo, their staff are incredibly helpful and their stock of Bliss products a complete God send.

I cannot understand the fascination with MBTs myself as they make women walk as though they have been inflicted with haemorrhoids... (sigh)

I think the staff in Dr Boo are probably helpful to people who dress in the latest fashions and look like they have money. If in fact you go in on a day when you're dressed casually because you feel like a pick-me-up and think you'll splash out on some unction or snake oil and then get ignored as 2 girls cluster round an over-dressed dolly of a woman and the person behind the till decides to studiously examine a new shipment.

No I can't think of anything to recommend the place actually!

As for MBTs .. ROFL .. Masai Barefoot Technology? ... sniggers

I am afraid I am a bit of a fan of the place but agree some of the staff could do with a bit more customer centred training. I am sure if the owner knew anyone had been treated badly she would certainly try her very best to help. I am afraid Woodie that it is just a fact that very few if any stores will accept returned cosmetics.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ?20 for bubble bath.........hard to have much

> sympathy with your hard luck story

It was a birthday present - I feel sorry for anyone who gets a present from you - it will probably come from Primark or be a betting tip.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank Cassius it's my mum's birthday this week and

> you've saved me some thinking - I'm finding this

> forum more and more useful

Always glad to be of assistance - pity her birthday wasn't before Cheltenham otherwise you would have been spoiled for choice!!

As a retailer I can understand to a certain extent why they did not exchange the bubble bath, however and there is always a however when it comes to0 Dr Boo, if they bothered to do their research with trading standards, they would know that they are obliged to refund a product if its unopened accompanied with a receipt, With cosmetics it can be tricky but a unopened seal will show that its not been opended.

I am biased because I cannot tolerate them, we stock a range, they decided to stock when they opened, and they were underhanded about the whole affair, thus why i do not like them.

MBT are great I bought a pair from merlin shoes in Crystal palace and they have really helped with my posture, the lady in merlin shoes was so helpful and very knowledgable

i went into dr boo for the first and last time 2 weeks ago. the staff followed me and my friend around - as we obviously looked as if we were a pair of shoplifters! It's a very small shop and was quite obvious so i couldn't wait to get out of the place! i'm sorry i wasn't wearing the most expensive brands for my sunday walk around east dulwich!

The upside is i did have more cash to spend in the chocolate/sweet shop next door and they were quite happy to serve me!

Technically speaking....is bubble bath a cosmetic? I thought you put cosmetics on your face. And it had a seal on it Woodie. Us men have a hard time as it is shopping for girls. We often make mistakes. I'm now terrified of even thinking of going into Dr Boo and buying the wrong kind of designer retinol uplift cream with a high SPF factor. Only to be told to f**k off when I take it back in its tightly sealed unopened box.

I cant think of anything worse - except perhaps having to spend a boring easter Monday on the forum in a debate about bubble bath.

May i suggest something as a retailer in Dulwich and as someone who knows customer rights. When you purchase something from that place ask them before you purchase will they exchange if its wrong, especially if it is a gift. We get asked all the time and we say no problem, as long as its not opened and you have the receipt.

A while ago and i have done this twice now, a customer was bought a gift from dr poo, it was wrong and asked if she could exchange it, they of course said no. She came in to me and although she bought it from poo, we exchanged it. The range is not franchise, so i did not have to do it, buy hey im a softie>:D<

I'm with gog on this one; have been into dr boo a few times and am always followed around like a potential shoplifter, despite asking for help/service from staff, and then piling up items I intend to purchase at the cash register while I continue looking around the shop. Although I have to say, last time I left there I wondered why on earth I'd bothered to buy anything, as I really felt I'd been treated like a potential thief- and was so angry at myself for buying products from a shop where I piled things up at the cash register so as to allay the staff's fears that I would shoplift them if I continued to hold them in my hot little hands. Have to say that I won't be going back, and am not surprised others have had the same unsavoury experience.

So you're an unnamed retailer having a pop at a named business and rival on a public forum. How brave.

I've always found Dr Boo helpful and charming. And I've always suspected that I do look like a shop lifter. Maybe I used to and I've got older, who knows...

But anyway, I think that?s a nasty unprofessional attack from Monica.