Whistling Man

If your on the bus try not to catch his eye, in my experience he then sits next to you whistling randomly in your ear, occassionally shouting instructions at the bus driver. I been lucky enough to experience this twice this week. I think he was making up for all that lost time, i had noticed his absence. Perhaps he moves around different areas making sure all bus routes are running efficiently.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's good to know that after earning so much as a

> showbiz performer, Roger Whitaker's decided to

> give something back to the ordinary people.

And maybe in his retirement he'll have time to reflect on the fact that Durham is a City...not a town....

He's been around for years. He used to look after (believe it or not!) an elderly man in camberwell, do his shopping, washing & general caring. The man died a year or so ago after years of being cared for by his companion. Although obviously v strange I was under the impression he was pretty harmless.

LMB

Hi Sean/Elizabeth

Are you both living in Co-operative House.

I'm on the fourth flour - and the noise does seem to rise when my patio doors are open (lots of beeps at the junction as well as the whistler) - Still unsure him - saw him block a young womans path ysterday (but only to smile at her).

• 1 month later...

He was driving me bananas this morning - I've heard him for a year or two, but to my embarrassment, I thought it was some sort of bird.

He stood at the traffic lights at Peckham Rye directing traffic, sometimes jumping in front of cars and scaring the drivers. He threw a can of Stella (or something equally as nasty) at one car.

Next time I'm going to have a word

Brilliant.The gentleman referred to as Whistling Man has been particularly active recently. On Friday night he was on the 12 bus. A women was talking loudly on their mobile and said something like "Jemima only eats fresh fish I wouldn't feed her anything frozen".

So Whistling Man suddenly stands up and screams "Shad the F**K up we dont wanna hear your fac***ng rubbish you nonce this is the quiet end of the bus". Which made me smile. As I didnt want to hear any of her f**king rubbish either.

It gets better. He got off at my stop, took his shoes off and walked in his socks down to Sema's Fish and Chips where he started to pretend to throw his shoes at passing cars with big whistles in the direction of the customers in the kebab shop.

On a slightly more serious note, this person gets involved in a number of potentially serious criminal actions including verbal assault, violent and hazardous behaviour aimed at cars, frightening lonely single females by following them, personal and potentially violent behaviour (apparantly only if you catch his eye), and noise pollution by whistling at all hours of the bloody night and day. I feel for his neighbours. And yet people are talking about him in a light hearted manner as though he is some sort of ED institution. Goodness me, what ever happened to care in the community? If he is mentally ill then he should be cared for appropriately, which he obviously isnt. Otherwise, if he is just a violent individual he obviously is in need of some sort of state help/care. If I ever see this man I will make it my duty to notify the police and instruct them of what everyone on here has said.

Louisa.