Where best to donate clothes?

SkyofFire

After a LONG day of going through my wardrobes I have six bin bags worth of clothes to donate. All are good quality and lots never worn (to my shame; I was young and carefree). I'd like to donate these items to a charity shop or two - does anybody know of which shops are currently low on stock/would like them?

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks!

I agree re St C's - but do phone them to check, before heaving all your bags down there. I went in a couple of weeks ago and they were unable to take anything, as they were totally full up. This may have changed by now ...

Otherwise the MIND shop at Goose Green takes things ...

...and there are the everpresent coffers of the Barry Road refugee centre to fill....

Nothing against the St Christopher's but if I were a refugee it might help reduce the pain if someone had been nice enough to donate totally new, unworn items instead of dowdy emergency supplies.

• 4 weeks later...

The smaller St Christopher's Hospice on Lordship is always grateful for donations. The bigger one does seem to get full from time to time (I think because it is easier to park nearer to it) and they often ask if you can pop down the road to the smaller one. I have taken two car boot fulls of mixed items to the smaller one over the last two weeks and they have been brilliant about taking them - offering to help unload the car and giving me my boxes and bags back for another load. I know when we clear out at home we just clear out but they like anywhere benefit from seasonal items and I had a rummage through our Christmas deccies and put in bits n bobs no longer wanted and they were really pleased.

I took a bag of stuff to the refugee centre in the church at the top of Barry Road 3wks ago and they were reluctant to take it saying they had too much stuff and would only accept items for children - it was kids winter coats I had and so after some negotiation they took it.

• 2 weeks later...