Trains to London Bridge leave earlier than scheduled

Its been happening for ages. Much better than late running trains.

If there are no delays, the trains generally shut the doors around 30 seconds before the scheduled departure time. It also states this clearly at the stations.

As Jeremy says, best to get there a few minutes before. Not a hard problem to fix.

I accept it's nice to have trains leaving on time, but they have been leaving earlier than 30 seconds before the scheduled departure time, particularly the 8.00. One instance a few months ago the doors shut and the train pulled away as the station clock was still showing 7.58, which took me by surprise as I was casually walking up the platform towards the end of the train!

I used the 10 minutes waiting for the next train to e-mail a complaint to Southern and got sent a refund voucher, as well as a note saying that their drivers had been instructed to hold the trains if they arrived ahead of time. They did this for a while but seemed to have slipped back in to old habits recently, so it's worth raising it with them directly.

Peckham rye has become the bane of my commute, practically since the clocks went back my train has been 10-14 mins late 90% of the time, then when it gets to Farringdon the driver announces it going fast to St Albans and not stopping at all stations after St Pancras, so I have to get off and change. Once I was wearing My Headphones and missed this and ended up on an impromptu trip to St Albans, So don't wear them anymore.....just incase *sigh