Suspicious man Underhill Rd?

I was putting the children in the car outside my house today (Friday) when I saw a man standing looking at my house. I asked if he could help and he very politely told me he worked for Howdens and that he was looking at the house because it looked empty and he wondered if it was being renovated. He said there were no curtains. I pointed out that there were clearly curtains on view and that it wasn't being renovated. He told him I had a Howdens account so didn't need one.

He was very interested and asked me what I did. I told him I was a Childminder (I wanted him to know I was home in the day) and that I also dabbled in property developing. He could of course be perfectly legit. He was dressed smartly in a shirt and tie, was very polite and had a couple of Howdens flyers in his hand (though not a stack as you might expect someone leafleting to have). It just seemed an odd way for Howdens to drum up business and I'm just super-suspicious following on from all the burglaries in the area. What do people think? Kicking myself that I didn't take a picture of him but I was trying to get several children in the car at the time!

Very regular thing for me. I get cold calls from reps to building sites every other day and often get phone calls from Reps who have spoken to guys on site or taken my number from advertising outside the sites we have.

We don't do curtains but Drop me a line if you would like your house renovated.. ;)