bad, smoky air held close to ground level in foggy weather

fl0wer

Dear ED neighbours,

for the last 24hrs choking bonfire or fireplace or incinerator smoke has been fouling air somewhere in this district.

The layer of fog keeps it near ground level and it's not dispersing.

Worse, some of the stink is clearly coming from plastics being burnt.

We are all being poisoned by the chemicals released when this happens. Many times I post re: wildlife, but this air affects humans too. Combined with exhaust fumes and the extra cold-season output from domestic boilers it adds up to a lot for lungs to deal with, even for people in robust health - for newborns, the older generation, anyone already ill it is very serious. The 'burnt plastic' chemical vapour is really toxic to anyone in pregnancy.

I am not interested in blaming anyone, only requesting that whoever can do something about this, acts pronto. If it is your fire or if it is from somebody you know about. Please.

It was terrible in my garden today - opened the back door and it was like walking into a chemical cloud. I live on Barry Rd and could hear machinery a few gardens away so assumed that's where the smoke was coming from but not sure. Wherever it was coming from, it was horrible. Found its way into the living room too - eek!