Kenneth 9Kenny) Bendall

sarahbigg

Hi all, I am reaching out to all you guy's to help me with my uncle Kenny, He is an old timer of East Dulwich, Born in the 1940's He grew up in and around the area, He was a drinker for years and would get about so much, Down th e Mag,The Palm, East Dulwich tavern, He could chat for hours and his singing was dreadful, although no-one ever told him this, He left London around 9yrs ago now and came up north in Doncaster to be near me, He was on his own down London and was struggling abit so moved for support, Although he still gets about up here in Doncaster and is well known in the Pub circuit, he talks about London so much and talks of his old friends, I am wondering if anyone remembers him, and if they do could I suggest an idea that you write him a letter, He is getting older and seems so what depressed at times, I really want to cheer him up, and feel this could help him, Thankyou all to whomever can help.xxxx Inbox me if you do remember him and would like to help.

Wow, already got reply's, Yes Kenny did work in the Library and also drank in the Mag quite a few years ago, His mates also included Strawberry, I think Dennis, AKA Monks,Rutherthud, (Think that is spelt right) and I know the well's family, My mum knew Shelia, Johnny,Alfie, How amazing is this. He lived in Dulwich before moving in with my mum on the denmark hill estate, and then ended up here, I will inbox you his address, But I wont tell him until he comes round with the letter.xxx I am so happy for him.

Hello Sarah , your uncle Kenny was great friends with my husband John John and his brothers Terry and Nobby. He would also remember Del , Ponytail, Jim . When Kenny moved all his friends lost touch so it is great to know he is still about in the pubs singing Georgia. Please tell him we all miss him. I will pm you for his address

The Neal Brother's?....Yes he was, He would take me down the pub with him when i was younger, i used to be fascinated with his life and his friends i felt proud my uncle knew so many people,I remember Pony was the DJ Down the Oglanda, Christ i have such a memory just shows how much me uncle showed me. I have in boxed you a message along side his address, I'm so happy for him it will raise a smile i am sure.xx

iam so glad that Kenny is well he was one of our regulars at the mag and we held a ve day and Kenny was up and singing all the songs it was a great day and he started the fly pass out one door into the next one he made the day enjoyable for so many he was a very kind man and tried to help us with lots of things we tried to do eg the santa sacks for great Ormond hospital where everyone brought a small gift for the sacks iam glad you are doing this for him

• 1 year later...
Hi I have just joined this forum, Kenny is my mums cousin, and I have been searching for him and his brother Johnny & sister Carol please can you send me some more details and do you know anything about the rest of the family. My mums name is Meryl Baker, we used to live next door to the Bendalls in Whateley Rd. thank you