Road works on Grove Vale

Does anyone know what is happening on Grove Vale? Traffic is moving albeit slowly and with all the other road works in the area, it is causing a back log on a lot of the side roads. I live nearby and haven't received anything through the letterbox regarding what is happening and when it's due to be finished. Any information which you have about the situation is appreciated.

Thank you!

They are changing the bus stop right outside ED station to one of the new designs and resurfacing the bus stop. They have just done this on Lordship Lane to the Crystal Palace Road bus stop and the road was partially closed for around 2 weeks. Nightmare getting to school in this, having to avoid Lordship Lane from Townley downwards, big traffic backlogs. Shouldn't be too long, weather may make it longer though. They never seem to be doing much on site, as per usual!

I spoke with the work men this morning. They stated that today they will complete half of the remaining works. That they seocnd half will be completed on Monday. That the temporary lights will be in place over the weekend.

It's clear Southwark Council don't incentivise speed. You and my time has zero value to the council and the contract it let accordingly.

I will seek to change this.

we had letter to give view on these works then letter to state when starting....some is to slow traffic reduce pedistrian,mother prams being knocked down.

also bus stops being re inforced then raised table with be built so buses are more level with curb for disbaled mothers prams and elderley getting on off buses also peilican crossing being moved closer to community hospital the fact see no men is due weather takes extra time concrete to dry firm.

hope that helps.

countrlass

• 3 weeks later...
An electricity power supply was also installed at the same time for the sole use of the coffee van it seems. Bearing in mind the coffee van 'pitch' was supposed to be a temporary trial, and bearing in mind that the coffee van owner also has another lucrative 'pitch' on NorthX at weekends, as well as sole user of the station pitch plus the new costly electrical supply point the owner must be a very lucky person. . .