North Cross Road Market (where's it gone?)

Ron70

The stall holders are not the kindly folk offering goods and wares just to make ED a lovely villagey place to be and skip in fields of flowers. They're profit making businesses and thats all. Do they want to come out in wet and windy weather when they think they won't make as much cash as usual? Of course not. Thats why the road closures etc is a joke when if they don't 'need' the money/won't make as much cash as usual they don't turn up.

Potentially very dangerous in the wind, as KK said.

Quite apart from the goods blowing away or the stall blowing over, if the stall covering blew off, or blew away whilst it was being secured, it could for example blow onto a car and cause an accident.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Potentially very dangerous in the wind, as KK

> said.

>

> Quite apart from the goods blowing away or the

> stall blowing over, if the stall covering blew

> off, or blew away whilst it was being secured, it

> could for example blow onto a car and cause an

> accident.

It would be the Council decision to close the market on H&S grounds, but they did not make it. The road was closed as usual and there were a couple of stalls there. Only about profit. The food vans don't blow away yet they were missing.

The American van and the hog roast were there when I went past plus the cake and vege food stall (they were really struggling with wind). I think most traders took the right decision. I'm sure they're sorry not to have risked their livelihood so Ron70 et al could have their fresh pasta/cheese/salami/olives/pies/trinkets for one w/e

There really are some tw?ts in ED. Its not about money - its about common sense. Besides, how many of you would set up a stall at a loss anyway. You lot are not really a bunch of charitable folk from what I can ascertain.

If you read the paper and watched the news, you would notice the bad conditions are keeping trade down across the country. People are staying at home for good reason.

Hardly the weather to trade in outdoor stalls.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> What Quids said.

>

> That Unlurked is a proper little ray of sunshine.

> Twat.

Has your bubble been burst, that the over priced food/tat sellers are only doing it to make a killing rather than for the good of ED kind? Mug.

EDmummy Wrote:

> The American van and the hog roast were there when

> I went past plus the cake and vege food stall

> (they were really struggling with wind). I think

> most traders took the right decision. I'm sure

> they're sorry not to have risked their livelihood

> so Ron70 et al could have their fresh

> pasta/cheese/salami/olives/pies/trinkets for one

> w/e

What are you talking about? At what point did I say that I wanted traders to risk their lives because I was missing out on food and trinkets? What a ridiculous thing to say. Congratulations, you have just wound me up more in one post than anyone else has managed since I first looked at this forum. What I actually said was - "Just been down North Cross Road, where did the Sat market go? :-("

I am still wound up by the post from EDmummy!

- to clarify, all that happened here was that a simple question was asked; why was the market not there this Sat? It seems likely that it was due to the bad weather - KidKruger stated this in the first response (thanks). However, it's been pretty empty for some time. Again, the reason for this was given as "the time of year" by Twirly (another thankyou). I didn't know the reason behind the scarcity of stalls, that's why I asked!

Why you (EDmummy) felt the need to insinuate that I was asking because of some deep seated desire for pasta is beyond ridiculous... Read the original post before posting unfounded and irrational accusations in future you irritating weasel!