Peckham Rye Station

chattyman

"first world problems" is the most pointless expression imaginable. We live in the first world, hence a first world problem is a problem. It is a tautology. And it is bloody annoying.

Saying that, I use the station every day and have never noticed these kids. Or the giant hair balls that people keep complaining about.

chattyman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is anybody else getting rather irate when leaving

> the station in the evening and having to battle

> through loads of unsupervised children with

> scooters and footballs?

Think it may only apply to those people that were never a child themselves.

Scooters and footballs. ???

and all you are doing is just trying to get home.

How frightfully annoying.

DulwichFox

I did complain to Southwark council as I am sick to death of walking through hair weave and dirt on the Blenheim Road exit to the station, it's disgusting some evenings. I have even seen dead mice as people just throw food and packaging on the floor. Last night, the unruly kids were running in the alley, and playing football, with no supervision and bashing into people. It's mayhem between 6-7pm.

???? - I am a jolly and smiley media professional. I just get very frustrated when I have to walk through a playground with crap on the floor - if I dumped rubbish in my road, surely I'd be done for fly-tipping? Don't get my started on the busses - people eating smelly food, babies and prams making a song and dance getting on and off, and only usually travelling 2 stops, oh and the drivers who can't drive - excessive breaking and slowing down so we stop at EVERY traffic light.

Stick to a car. Public transport is vile. I can only imagine how awful it must be to rely purely on a bus or train. And as for walking out of a station after a long day at work to be greeted with the pungent smells and dirty streets of Peckham Rye station entrance- well... Needless to say, I totally feel for those of you with a gripe.

Louisa.

I travel by public transport because I don't drive because I can't afford a car. I travel everywhere by public transport. I commute to and from Peckham Rye Station most days to Rotherhithe, and shop along Rye Lane, and feel I must live in a parallel universe to people here. Why is everyone so intolerant?

Peckhamrye Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I travel by public transport because I don't drive

> because I can't afford a car. I travel everywhere

> by public transport. I commute to and from Peckham

> Rye Station most days to Rotherhithe, and shop

> along Rye Lane, and feel I must live in a parallel

> universe to people here. Why is everyone so

> intolerant?

So, you enjoy travelling to and from Peckham Rye station. Good for you. Not everyone does. I don't see why it is intolerant of a person to want a nice clean tidy station area and not have rowdy kids running up and down making a noise.

Louisa.